2. The Results

"He's up," Blaise pointed out standing up from a chair he was sitting in. I looked around and realized I was placed in a private room after I passed out.

I looked directly at my father who didn't seem to want to look at me at all.

"Go to the car," he said coldly to my mother and brother without emotion. They left but my dad was still silent and looking the other way, away from me.

I played with the edges of the blanket that had been put over me and gulped back some fear. When I opened my mouth, it felt dry so I swallowed and tried again. "S- sorry," I said, quietly. I had a feeling that that word meant nothing to him, it quite literally never really did.

"Come on, we're going home," he said in a low voice.

I watched him pull open the curtain we were behind and leave the hospital room. I looked down at my fingers which I was fiddling with and sighed, throwing the blanket off of me.

Leaving the room, I went into the lobby looking for Dad but he wasn't anywhere to be found so I just went to the parking lot to look for the car.

—-

At home, Father told us both to go to our rooms to wait for dinner and of course, Blaise had to put his two cents in.

"Hey," Blaise said, standing in the doorway of my room. I glared at him, not in the mood for whatever he had to say. "Get out, Blaise," I said.

"I'm not doing anything," Blaise shrugged his shoulders trying to keep a smile off of his face. I rolled my eyes at my brother.

Then my sister's bedroom door opened and she walked into my bedroom doorway as Blaise crossed his arms and leaned in further.

"Hey, what happened?" She asked. "What took so long?" Her brows furrowed as she crossed her arms too. Blaise chuckled. "Ash passed out," he said in a voice he usually used to impress others, especially at school.

She looked at me with an open mouth.

"N- I–" I growled, knowing there was nowhere I was going to get by lying, especially with Blaise being right here. "A lot of people pass out during the A-B-O test," I contended.

"Yeah, a lot of omegas." Blaise snickered, teasingly.

I looked away from the doorway, Blaise was only joking but what he said was true.

Only omegas passed out during the test due to an overload of pheromones. They are more sensitive to them than alphas or betas.

But surely I didn't pass out from that.

"She messed up the dosing... or took too much blood. I- I don't know," I muttered. Blaise scoffed. "No, she didn't. Dad would've said something about that," he argued.

"She wouldn't admit it, Blaise." Nina shrugged. Blaise lifted an eyebrow. "Isn't that, like, illegal? To not tell the patient what they did wrong?"

"If they are caught." Nina winked and walked off past Blaise to the stairs.

"I'm not an Omega," I muttered, then eyed Blaise. Blaise shrugged. "Listen, you have nothing to worry about. I'm your twin, we're alphas." Blaise smiled a reassuring smile. I smiled back at my brother, knowing he was only trying to help me feel better but it didn't help, not really.

——

It had been three weeks and our results still hadn't come in. I don't know whether taking longer than most was a good thing or a bad thing. The results came in from the mail which Blaise checked every day because he was unable to hide his excitement. On the other hand, I could wait another year... or five, if possible.