8

After getting her bow fixed at the city, she made her way back to the winery and sees Elzer waiting for her at the door.

"Ms. Y/N!" He said, "You came back safely. Are you injured anywhere?"

"I'm alright." She reply to him, "Were you waiting for me to arrive back?"

"Yes I did. The young master wants to see you. He's currently in the living room right now."

"Diluc? Why does he want to see me?"

She made her way down the hall to the living room to find Diluc sitting on the sofa cleaning his claymore with a handkerchief.

He heard Y/N's footstep and he looked up, "You're back. What were you even doing outside so late at night?"

"I was just taking a stroll in the city. That's all."

He raise an eyebrow at her, "All the stores are closed. I don't know how you're able to go out shopping at this time."

"Ugh! I told you I'm just walking around. I'm not buying anything." She turns around, "If you only ask to see me just so you can treat me like a kid then I'm leaving."

Diluc quickly got up and blocked the doorway, irritating Y/N even more.

"Oh come on! Let me go!"

He points at your arm, "Your sleeve is covered in blood..."

"My sleeve is what..?" She lift up her blood-soaked sleeves and widen her eyes in horror at the deep long cut on her right arm starting from her elbow to her wrist. Bloods were trickling down her arms and onto the carpet beneath them. "My arm!! It's bleeding!"

Diluc frowned and he grabbed her hand and quickly pull her to his office. After shoving her onto the sofa, he opens a drawer and pull out a small wooden box. He sat next to her and opens the box to take out a cloth and ointment. Taking her arm firmly, he grabs a cloth and to start wiping away the blood.

"Hey! Let me go!"

"Not after I clean your wound. Can't you see that you're injured?"

"Well I can do it myself! I know how to treat a wound!"

Diluc ignores her and continues to wipe away the remaining blood before rubbing the ointment on her. Y/n gave up and sat still as she watches Diluc gently dab the ointment on her skin before wrapping her arm carefully with a bandage.

"There." Diluc said as he lets go of her arms and clean up mess around them. He hesitate about what he was going to say but he sighed and turns to her, "Please. Be careful next time and try not to go out so late at night. I don't want you to get hurt."

Y/N nod her head slowly, "I'll... I'll get going now."

She gets up and leaves the office.

______________________________

After taking a bath, she walks down the hallways and Leonard poke his head through his door, "Aunt Y/N!"

Y/N looks down, "Oh hi Leonard. How come you're not asleep at this time?"

"I can't fall asleep..." He looks around for Diluc before placing a finger to his lips, "Please don't tell my papa about this..."

Y/N chuckled at his cute behavior and kneel down to his level, "I won't. But I think you should go back to bed. You're still a growing boy and you need plenty of sleep."

"I can't sleep though. I'm not sleepy." He pouted and then his eyes lit up, "How about you read me a story until I fall asleep?"

"What? But then we're going to wake everyone up in the house. Your papa won't be pleased with that..."