Chapter 17. Remember

Start from the beginning

Wooyoung lets out a shaky breath, sniffling as he leans into San's shoulder. San threads a hand through his hair, humming a quiet melody in an act of soothing whatever anxiety remains.

"I love you so much." Wooyoung breathes softly. "I didn't think I was ever capable of this– to feel this. It's so profound and real–"

"You've always been capable, love. You just hadn't found someone who had been worthy of your heart. I am so lucky to be that someone to you."

"You're telling me." Wooyoung says with a slight laugh. "I thought I was going to marry someone who was forever in love with someone else."

"Now I'm yours, forever." San smiles, nosing in Wooyoung's hair, breathing him in. "I just hope that with time, you'll begin to see yourself as I have learned to see you."

"With time, I'm sure." Wooyoung leans away from San's hug slightly, moving to press a kiss to San's cheek and his jaw, tilting his forehead to press against San's. "I hope you know that I'll never treat you the way she did. A life without you isn't one that I want to live in, anymore."

"You are the farthest thing from her, Wooyoung. Night and day difference, truly. You're the light in my life. She was the darkness that plagued me, the one who drained my soul of life and deprived me of everything I needed. You, my love, helped me see the happiness in life and love again. You've brought such joy into my world, it feels nearly indescribable."

"Be careful, Sannie." Wooyoung warns, a soft smile finally curling on his lips. "You're making me actually want to go through this wedding of ours."

San chuckles quietly, kissing his forehead again. "It feels like fate. We knew this marriage was coming and chose to be so blind into what could've been."

"Now we're days away–" Wooyoung sighs, brushing his lips against San's. "It's all I could ever ask for, even if I'm a bit nervous."

"We'll treat our relationship no differently. If the agreement hadn't existed, I'm sure we'd both want to wait for a step like that, but we have no choice. So, I can only tell you that we can treat everything between us as if nothing had changed. We're still partners, regardless. You're mine, and I'm yours. That's all that matters."

Wooyoung smiles, pressing a chaste kiss to San's lips. "Thank you."

"Mmh." San hums. "Are you hungry? Have you eaten?"

"I haven't had it in me to eat." Wooyoung admits, tilting his head slightly.

"How about I order from that place downtown, hm?"

"Sounds nice. Do you remember what I get?"

"Of course I do. Do you want to lay down in the meantime?"

"I think I'm going to shower and think about everything, if that's okay."

"You do whatever you need to. I'll order the food and have it all waiting for you whenever you're done."

"I'll be back in a bit." Wooyoung smiles, kissing San once more. "I love you, Sannie."

"I love you." San responds softly, watching as Wooyoung turns away from their embrace, disappearing towards the corridor and into his bedroom.

San takes a breath, turning his gaze towards the kitchen island, grabbing his phone as he eyes the notifications. A soft smile curls as he reads messages from his group chat with Hongjoong and Mingi.

Hongjoong

Don't back out! You said you were going to tell him and you better stick to it!