Chapter 47: Chimchar Troubles!

Start from the beginning

When Chimchar was doing better a bit, Brock left it in the bed and went to the seating area to discuss with Paul.
Dawn and Conway sat on one side while Ash, and Holly sat opposite to each other in the same table.
Brock sat on the table right beside and you sat beside Paul, opposite to Brock.

"So Chimchar went through some severe training huh?" Brock asked
"I'm sure Y/N told you about it" Paul replied, side-eyeing you.
"I treated Chimchar, so Y/N didn't have to tell me a thing." Brock replied "At this point, Chimchar will either get a lot stronger or emotionally scarred for life" he informed "why're you pushing Chimchar anyways? I'm not asking because I'm Y/N's friend, I'm asking because I'm Chimchar's friend"

"Believe it or not, we all want the same thing"
"Huh? I don't get it" "chu?"
Paul then started how he met Chimchar for the first time and they both wants to recreate the fire power Paul saw chimchar using that day, but they couldn't so he's pushing Chimchar.

"I need to push chimchar way beyond the limit, if we could just recapture that power, Chimchar would be the strongest of all my fire type pokémon" Paul said getting up from the seat and looked at chimchar who was lying on the bed.
"Hold on Paul, you gotta let Chimchar rest!" Ash spoke up first
"If I don't-"
"You have to! Chimchar's life depends on it!" Brock cut Paul off and stood up.
"Brock said Chimchar needs a lot of rest!" "Lup lup!"

"You've got to listen to them!" Nurse Joy suddenly came, surprising everyone "the only reason you're pushing Chimchar is because you're just plain impatient" she scolded "I'm going to insist that you have to let Chimchar get some rest"

Paul just simply bowed and left the center.
"I'm going after him"
"But Y/N-" Before anyone could even protest, you were already running with Spearow

"Paul!" You called, after catching up with him outside "y-"
"You need to stop"
"Huh?"
"You need to stop running after me all the time. I already told you that I want to do this alone and won't accept you as a partner. Either get stronger or stay out of my way."

"You don't know when to quit now, do you?" Dawn asked once Paul left.
"But I..."
"Y/N, you should stop thinking that Paul could become a good trainer" Ash said, resting his hand on your shoulder and gritted his teeth in anger, seeing Paul who was walking away.

The next day, same old thing happened. Argument during the battle, Paul not working in a team resulting Staravia to almost faint, and the worst thing was, Paul decided to stop telling Chimchar to attack midway when he was literally stopping a goddamn fire.

Seeing that there was no way Paul would command Chimchar any move, you decided to take matters in your own hand and told Chimchar to use flamethrower, which made Metagross faint instantly.
Staravia managed to defeat the Zangoose right after, but you telling Chimchar to use flamethrower just surprised everyone.
Like Conway said, it broke all the rules. But no one just...cared..?

During the sunset, after the second day's match was over, Paul stood behind the stadium, releasing Chimchar permanently.
"That's it. You're outta here"
"Chim?! Char!!"
Chimchar tried to beg Paul but he was not having any of it.

"So Paul, that's it? It's the end of your special training?" Ash asked
"Yeah right, that's the point. Obviously I need to get a new fire type"
"You're giving up Chimchar even after all of these?!" Arlo asked angrily
You stood there in disbelief, hoping that it's just a fever dream and Chimchar is not released like this. Even though it's healthy for Chimchar because it's finally free from Paul, it still doesn't felt right.

Dawn and Brock tried talk to Paul, but he continued to walk away not responding.
Understanding that Paul wouldn't come back, Chimchar started to walk away slowly.
'He's so sad...can't we just take it with ourselves?'

Before you could speak, Ash spoke up. "Hey Chimchar, come with us!" Paul stopped and looked back at Ash in disbelief.
"Are you sure?" Dawn asked
"I think it'll be a great idea!"
Before Ash could catch Chimchar, Team Rocket came and tried to steal him instead but as always, they blasted away.

"Hey Ash, can I ask for something?" You asked after Chimchar was caught
"Yeah sure, what is it Y/N?"
"Can I battle with Chimchar tomorrow?"
"Huh?!" Everyone including the pokémons gasped in surprise "I mean sure, but why?"
"Look just because I'm Paul's partner, I want Chimchar to battle with me tomorrow. I don't know why but I just want to prove something..."

"We get it" Ash smile "of course you can battle with Chimchar tomorrow" "char!" "Even Chimchar wants to do it too!"
"Thanks guys"

Ash decided to call Professor Oak to tell him about Chimchar who replied with bonds between trainers and pokémons.
"Hey Professor, i forgot to ask you something" you said
"Yeah Y/N, what is it?"
"Did you find out why Eevee was using all fire and water type moves?"
"Oh right! I forgot to inform you about them!"
"Them?"

"Yeah, Eevee and Kirlia. Well I ran a few tests on Eevee and i came to the conclusion that it's because Eevee can evolve into both Flareon and Vaporeon, so it's just is in its DNA, so don't be surprised if one day you see Eevee using Electric, Dark, Psychic, grass or Ice type moves because it can definitely evolve into Jolteon, Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon and Glaceon too"

"I see" you sighed in relief "and here i thought that something was wrong with Eevee. Wait-- what did you meant that Eevee and Kirlia? What happened to my him?!"
"Well you see, after you returned Kirlia, it's been training with Ash's grass types...a lot"
"My grass types?" "Pika?"
"But isn't Kirlia a psychic type?"
"Well, indeed Kirlia's one, but it can learn a pretty powerful grass type move; Magical Leaf."

"Magical Leaf?"
"Mhm, and it's been practicing this move ever since it's back. But recently, Kirlia is glowing a lot. We realised that it's time for Kirlia to evolve into Gardevoir but your Kirlia is a male one who needs a Dawn stone to evolve into a Gallade"
"A Gallade?"
"Yeah, I was thinking that maybe you could take Kirlia back to you and help it into evolving"
"Evolving huh...? Well professor, I'll contact with you about Kirlia after the tag team is over then"
"Alright sounds good, take care kids" Oak ended the call and the screen turned black.

"A Gallade huh?" Dawn took out her pink dex and looked at Gallade's information.
"So it's time for evolving already?"

The next day, was the final day. Eight people were left and they were literally you and your friends.
Dawn and Conway vs Brock and Holly where Dawn and Conway won and then it was...

"The second round of Paul and Y/N vs. Ash and Arlo starts now!"

...

Words: 1893
Published: 6/3/24
Updated: --/--/--