Chapter 36: Leaving!

📍 Terracotta Town.

"So I guess the two of you are gonna take a boat to Hoenn from here, is that right?" Brock asked, looking at the ferries from the dock with the others.
"Mhm" May and Max nodded
"And I'll leave for Pewter City"
"And I'll go to Pallet Town"
"Us too!" "Spearow!"
"Which means we all will go back to our homes" May said

The group started walking around the town seeing how excited everyone was for a festival.
"What festival will be here though?"
"No clue" Max replied to you and looked around at the stalls.

"Hey guys look! There's a Pokemon contest going to be here and it's today!" May said spotting a poster of a contest
"I guess it's happening because of the festival"
"I sure would love to be a part of it" May said
"Yeah me too" Ash suddenly said surprising everyone "it doesn't seems like an official contest which means I don't need a pass so I wanna take a shot" "pikachu"

"What about you then Y/N?" May asked making everyone look at you
"Uhh...I think I'll pass"
"Huh? You sure? This might be the last time you'll be participating in a contest because God knows where you will go next" Arlo asked clearly surprised that you don't want to participate
"Yeah you're right, but I'll still pass this time......and I battled Drew two days ago in an unofficial contest anyways, remember? I'm fine with thinking that was the last contest"
"I don't get what's going on in your head but I won't question it or else everyone will question my existence next"

The contest started off with May and her eevee followed by the others.
The entire content had everyone hold their breath when May and Ash faced off against each other at the final round with May's newly evolved Blaziken and Ash's Sceptile battling which ended in a tie and they both divided the ribbon in half, keeping them as their lucky charm.

Around 5pm, when everyone was having their lunch at the local park, May finally decided to travel alone to the Johto for the contest which made Max really sad and left the table but Arlo followed him and comforted Max until he was better again.

The ferry gave a sound which made May immediately look at the clock
"The ferry is going to leave in five minutes guys!"
"Hurry up then!"
"What are we waiting for?!"

Everyone packed their bags and rushed to the dock
"Here I packed lunch for you both so you could eat later" Brock handed the food to Max while running
"Thanks Brock!" May said getting on the boat

"Will we meet again?" Max suddenly asked Arlo
"Of course we will!" He said pulling him into a hug "traveling with you was a lot of fun! I'm going to miss you a lot, Max"
"Me too, Arlo" he said running on the boat just as it was about leave

"Take care of yourselves! Thanks for the memories guys!" The two siblings waved along with May's pokémon
"We will! Thank you to you both too! Will miss you guys!" The four of you yelled with everyone's Pokemon out on the dock waving back too.
"Best of luck on your adventure you four!" The two yelled on top of their voice
"You too May! I wish to see win the grand festival!" Ash yelled back and the ferry slowly floated away.

'When will we all meet again? Can't believe all of us are splitting up'

...

"I'm hungry" Ash said making you and Brock slap your faces
"Us too"
"You know, we spent all of our resources the other day" Brock reminded
"You mean all of them?!" You groaned with Spearow to which he just laughed. "Anyways guys, our respective places aren't far from here, so we could eat once we're back at home!"

"Yeah, you're right" Ash nodded before turning back to Brock "So Brock, say hi to everyone back in the Pewter City" he said turning around and running away "alright gotta eat food gotta eat food"
"Did he seriously just ran away like that?!" "Row?!"