"No! It doesn't matter if I have Lorenzo and Cameron. Alex is the one I want!" I yell, my voice cracking with the weight of my frustration and longing. Tears of desperation fill my eyes as I struggle to make them understand. Forget about Alex? How could I when every fiber of my being longed for him with a fierceness that bordered on obsession?

Mom reaches out to console me, her touch gentle and soothing, but I pull away, the pain too raw to bear. Without another word, I turn and storm off into the surrounding woods.

Alone, I pull out the syringe and blade from my purse, the cold metal glinting in the dim light. It's time to make them understand just how much I needed Alex. Without hesitation, I drive the silver-filled syringe into my arm, the sharp sting of the needle piercing my skin, sending shivers down my spine. Next, I press the blade against my wrist and slice, the pain a welcome distraction from the ache in my heart.

With each passing moment, my strength begins to wane, the world around me fading into a blur as my blood seeps into the grass below. As darkness threatens to consume me, I muster the last remnants of my fading consciousness and call out to my mates, the desperation in my voice echoing through the silent night.

It's a dangerous gamble, one born out of despair and desperation, but in that moment, I have nothing left to lose. All I can do is cling to the fragile hope that they will hear my plea and come to my aid before it's too late. And he also comes too.

HANNAH

With each step towards Alex' room, a blazing wildfire of desire raged within me, consuming my thoughts and searing my veins with yearning. Alex had marked me without mating, and the intensity of the bond between us threatened to overwhelm my senses, nearly pushing me to the brink of begging him to take me right there in the hallway. Poppy is even clawing at the surface, desperate for release.

The moment we step inside the room, Alex turns to me with a primal hunger burning in his eyes. Without a word, he crashes his lips against mine, a growl rumbling in his chest. The sound sends shivers down my spine, my body trembling with anticipation.

"Mine," he breathes against my lips, his voice thick with desire as he tears my dress from my body with a single, swift motion. I meet his gaze, my eyes filled with lust as my chest rises and falls with each ragged breath.

Alex lifts me effortlessly off the ground and tosses me onto the bed. A surge of electricity courses through me, setting every nerve ablaze with need. I watch with rapt attention as he sheds his clothes, revealing the sculpted perfection of his body, each muscle defined and taut with tension.