Chapter eight |

I finish applying the cherry lipstick and stare at my reflection in the mirror of my dressing table

I finish applying the cherry lipstick and stare at my reflection in the mirror of my dressing table. A smile creeps in my face when I'm satisfied with how I look. I'm wearing two pieces of a baby blue V-neck off shoulder top and a miniskirt. I've let my hair loose with waves at the end of it. I securely clasp my ankle boot before exiting my room with my purse.

I am descending the stairs when I meet with Aiden halfway. Our gaze meet and his eyes scan my body before returning them to my eyes.

"Where are you going" He asks stopping on his tracks.

"I am meeting a friend" I say not stopping on my own tracks.

Yesterday after chatting with Josh my heart almost skipped a bit when he asked me to have dinner with him. I was excited and nervous. I was excited because this was going to be my first dinner with a man, minus my dad. And the reason for that is because my dad would always scare off any boy who would come near me.

I'm nervous because as I said, this is my first date with a man so I'm inexperienced and that's makes me nervous. I don't even know how should I act.

"A friend?" Aiden interrupts my thoughts

"Yes a friend" I say confidently and he hums.

"Okay, have fun"

"I will" I say, ending the conversation.

                               ******
"I'm glad to see you, Hazel" Josh says, pulling the chair for me to sit. What a gentleman.

I smile at him, and scan the menu on the table in front of us.

"You look gorgeous" Josh compliments and I blush a little.

"Thanks" I offer him another smile and he chuckles. The waiter walks to us and I order a dandelion wine while Josh orders a pinot blanc.

"So" Josh starts. "What about the marriage" He nods to my ring finger, at the same time the waiter approaches us with our drinks. I mouth him a thank you and after sipping my wine, Josh looks at me for answers.

"I am sorry, but what about it" I ask, though I've clearly understood his question. I was just trying to dodge it.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to offend you but when I saw that wedding band, I was a bit.... surprised" "It's a bit early, and you look quite young" He rubs the back of his neck, nervously.

"You're not offending me Josh" I smile at him. "It's just the world doesn't work on my favour" I say, honestly.

He nods his head, seeming to understand because we shift to another comfortable conversation.

I happen to know his favourite food is steak, he loves football and he have a young brother, called Brody. The rest of the night went well and I remember blushing like a maniac when Josh gave me a peck on my cheek on biding me a goodbye. And I swear he's the sweetest guy I've ever met.