making up (making out.)

NOW PLAYING:

moments -- Jhené Aiko, Big sean

"The present, that's a gift, that's why they call it the present."

"¿Donde estabas? (Where were you?)" Río questioned, worried about her son.

"Don't worry mamá." Miles groaned taking off his shoes,

"My bad Rio he was with me." Arron followed him, hands in his pocket.

Rio shook her head and exhaled in disappointment,
"Alright.".

"Miles, cariño (honey), please do your homework the school's started sending me emails."

"okay." He huffed making his way to his room.

Miles stared at the ceiling feeling how exhausted he was, he'd shut his eyes just to try to fall asleep but something was always holding him back. He rolled around sinking his head into the pillow, it was haunting him. The adrenaline of the cops chasing him, they wanted to know so bad who The Prowler was but they were so slow, Miles knew they were too slow, they would never figure him out. The feeling wouldn't disappear, his heart beat was still playing like a drum in his head he knew what he had to do.

Miles searched his bedside cabinet for something, anything to stop his insomnia-like state, he pulled out a bottle of Percocet there was only one pill left but that's something he'll worry about later. Swallowing the pill he let it sink in... waiting and waiting... till he couldn't wake up.

———————

"i'm leaving now Aiza." Julian, Aiza's dad, stood in the doorway.

Aiza didn't want to say anything, she didn't understand how he could continue his life as normal after he flipped hers upside down.

"'Kay bye." she continued to scroll on her phone.

He sighed and left her room.

Only a few minutes later Miles crawled through Aiza's window,

"What do you want?" She put down her phone and walked towards him, hoping to get him to leave.

"Happy to see me?" Miles was on edge, a slight aggression laced his voice.

"Just leave." She couldn't give up on being mad at him so easily.

"Nah you're gonna tell me why you're ignoring me." Miles inched closer to her making her look up at him.

Aiza kissed her teeth about to say something, her mom's voice was clear however her door was locked, she had a little time.

"Fuck." She exhaled scanning her room for any hiding spot, "Can you hide in my closet?"

"...Yeah, I guess?" He was hesitant, the thought of being caught already made him embarrassed.

"Aiza?" The door handle turned but obviously didn't open, "Azia why's your door locked?".

With that Aiza rushed Miles to the closet, closing the doors on him and the unlocking her bedroom door.

"Sorry mom." She went back to her bed and picked up her phone, pretending she was on her phone the entire time.

"Your dad left." Martina sat down on her daughters bed, next to her.

"I know." she nodded her head, still on her phone.

"I know you don't like your dad.." She was ready to give her daughter a whole speech Aiza was so embarrassed that Miles was going to have to hear it.