"Nah! He won't. His biology exam went horrible" My mother said with a rude expression on her face.

"It's ok! Moreover it's just boards right? The marks won't be that bad I know. Leave this, let the result come then we'll see" She smiled at me again. This time her positive smile brought out a small smile of confidence on my face too.

I smiled and went to wash my hands and face. My mother was busy making dinner along with Mrs. Singh.

"I'm making my son's favourite dish! You'll like it too" She said.

"Is he not coming?" I asked Mrs. Singh after returning to the kitchen.

"No he's having an exam tomorrow. I told him to not go for practice today but still he went so he's studying now" She answered.

"Dear! Come here please" Mr. Singh called from inside.

Mr. Singh and my father were busy discussing something about office work. I took the plate of tea from kitchen and offered it to Mr. Singh after greeting him. We had a small convo and then I went to the kitchen again to keep the plate.

The time Mrs. Singh went out of the kitchen, my mother said, "Go and sit quietly in your room! When dinner will be made, I'll call you"

I nodded and went to my room. About an hour later, my mother called me for dinner. While, we were eating I got nagged multiple times for not sitting straight or eating a bit 'weirdly'. Nevermind, I'm used to this anyway.

Mrs. Singh talked about multiple qualities of her son and mine too.

"He's excellent in studies, smart, responsible and can do every household work. On the other hand, my son is just a beginner when it comes to doing household chores" She said .

"Nah, he ain't that smart. Moreover, you're son got a great physique, and is successful in his field too. The respectful and considerate nature of your son transcends most of the qualities of my son" My father said looking at me with a weird smile.

I also gave a small smile back as a response.

"In case of honesty, respectfulness and doing the most righteous things, both of our sons are known very well in the society. There's no point of comparing them with each other. Let's focus on the dinner!" Mr. Singh suggested .

After dinner, we had an ice-cream as a confectionery dish. It was now time to bid the Singhs good-bye.

"I'll soon come with my son. You'll definitely like him!" Mrs. Singh smiled and hugged me again.

"Don't overlove!" Mr. Singh laughed.

"Will you come to our home tomorrow for dinner?" Mrs. Singh paused to look at my parents and said, "Arjun?".

(What do I even say in this situation? I know how bad my father gets jealous of Mr. Singh's high rank in the office)

Before I could say anything, my mother said, "he won't be able to come tomorrow as we'll going somewhere, what about the upcoming Sunday?"

"Yeah! No problem, anyday anytime" Mr. Singh said and left our home.

After closing the door, I asked my mother, "Will I actually go to their house?"

"Yeah, ofcourse. Like if you want to, you can!" My mother smiled and started watching TV. This literally made me very happy!

It was about 10:30pm. My phone started ringing again. It was Aman.

"Hello! Aman?" I said after there was no response from his side.

"Yups! I gotta inform you that.. I talked with Mr. Football. He told me to tell you that he'll try to end the football match half-an-hour early and then you can practice with him alone in the ground after everyone is gone" Aman informed in a tired voice.

"Thanks a lot Aman! I don't know what to say, you're the best!" I cheered.

"It's ok" Aman said and immediately declined the call without saying anything. I called him again but he didn't pickup this time.

He might be busy. Moreover, he has a habit of not accepting 'thank you' from others.

I open my phone and start watching a tutorial video- basic tips and rules for football beginners.

Neither my favourite subject 'Biology' nor my favourite song 'My Love Mine All Mine- Mitski' could distract my thoughts from my soon-to-be favourite person. I also felt a bit nervous if Abhinay and his friends would show their cheap character again and do something against me.

(Well I have no care of all these problems, my love for him is strong enough to allow me to transcend through all these barriers)

___________________________________________

I hope you liked this part of the story! Stay tuned till the next part arrives✨

(Do vote and comment)