I run to my grandfather, who welcomes me with open arms and pride in his eyes.

A week has passed since the governor's big scandal. The news went crazy, the mourning of the citizens was so great that anyone who didn't know what had happened would genuinely believe he had died.

Protests against the assembly brought the streets to a complete standstill. Many alleged that they too were connected to all the treaties; announcements denying any connection were almost daily.

Many of those who were implicated were arrested. Sara Morgan had gone on the run despite finding nothing incriminating against her—the small payment for taking out Oli.

What was believed to be the governor's only son was seen in Spain a few days after the event, but the authorities have nothing to bring him back; Oliver was only the son, and that is not a crime in any country.

And even though the news talked about me, the governor's second daughter, all the recordings of the conversation they had with the governor stopped for seconds when they mentioned my mother's name.

I turn off the small television in the hotel inside the airport. I check to make sure I haven't left anything in the room before I take out my suitcase.

I look at the ticket to make sure for the fifth time of the gate number.

A shiver runs through my body despite my long-sleeved shirt and the sweater draped over my shoulders.

Half an hour later, I board, making sure my carry-on bag is securely over my head. I sit down by the window, I grab my headphones with the intention of watching a movie.

A small tap on my shoulder makes me look to my side.

"Is the seat taken? There's a noisy baby back there." My mouth drops open, my hands still with my headphones half on.

My heart is pounding.

Ian's gorgeous smile grows at my expression.

He sets his carry-on suitcase next to mine before sitting down next to me.

The words seem so foreign to me as he lifts the hand off the chair, so there is no separation between our seats.

At my silence, the guy turns to look at me, first one eye, then the other.

"Mmm, I definitely like your eyes this color better." My mouth opens and closes.

My brain is trying to process all the information present, trying to ask all the necessary questions, but there is so much inside that nothing manages to formulate.

His eyes go to my neck, moving the sweater still on my shoulders a little. Ian touches my little chain and nods.

"I see the redness has subsided; I imagine it had to have been a little swollen."

"How did you...?" My hand goes to my neck.

Ian looks into my eyes.

"I don't know whether to be relieved or outraged that you didn't recognize me."

My brow furrows in confusion, but the vision of the policeman comes to mind.

The one who ran to me after they came in, the one who got me out of there, and who needed to remove the mask from his eyes to make sure I wasn't hurt more than my neck.

Not because it was part of the plan, but because....

"It was you." My whisper of surprise is barely audible.

His smile grows, proud.

"Always Young."

"How?" I ask, ignoring my mother's middle name. "Why?"

Ian seems to be pondering the answer, but the seriousness of his face sends a shiver through my body.

Not fear, never fear.

"Because you needed help, because you desperately needed to do this."

"Since when?" My hands shake slightly, trying to remember all the messages I had with a stranger, a stranger who was always by my side.

"Someone contacted me needing information about the governor's wife; getting to you was simple from there. I need to ask you not to mention it, sleeping with a client is unprofessional." my laugh brings a smile to his face.

"You knew about it since then." I say, surprised. "And you didn't run away."

His brow furrows slightly.

"It only made me fall more in love with you." I hold my breath at his words. "Because I am; I'm in love with you, Ava Davis."

Ava's Outfit