Chapter 14

The professor's words are confusing, my eyes threaten to close with each passing second. My head feels so heavy.

I take a deep breath, moving my head from side to side, blinking as fast as I can, so I can concentrate.

The class ends. I look at the page in front of me, full of scribbles and attempted notes.

A cup of coffee appears on my desk.

I turn to look at Ian, the guy sits in his seat.

The teacher has left, the sea of students with him.

I mumble my thanks, before taking a sip.

"If you can't keep your eyes open during class, you should tell Asher not to entertain you all night." Ian's words seem harsh, but indifference fills his eyes.

"I said goodbye to Asher after dinner, I was doing some stuff on the computer, I couldn't help but fall asleep late" I say, for some reason, wanting to deny his insinuation that Asher and I spent the night together.

Luna had already wanted to get all the gossip out of me the night before, when they realized we didn't go back to the movie theater.

I use my finger to pull my black turtleneck t-shirt away from my neck a little, wanting some air. I groan as I feel a twinge in my head.

Still sitting, I place my hand on the table, steadying myself as I try to grab my purse from the floor.

My hand doesn't seem to support my weight, because I almost fall sideways except for Ian's grip, holding my arm.

"Damn Young, are you still asleep?"

I reposition myself in the chair, draping my purse over my legs. The green skirt barely covering me enough.

Ian turns to look at my arm with a frown. I open my purse as I hear the guy pull his chair closer to mine.

I turn to see him just as he raises his hand to my forehead. He pulls his hand away as quickly as he put it.

"You're boiling." he takes my purse from me, pulling out the little box of pills I was trying to find.

He looks at the medicines I have, but shakes his head.

"You need something to relieve the fever." he says, but I shake my head, taking the little box again.

"A head pill will do." Ian chirps.

I look down at my coffee, trying to grab it, but Ian puts his water bottle in my hands. I thank him with a nod before swallowing the pills.

"Did you bring your car? Let me give you a ride home." I shake my head, taking one more swig of water before handing him the bottle.

"I'm fine, I don't want to miss the next class." I say, looking at the time on my cell phone, getting up to walk to it.

"Forget the class, I'll pass you the notes, go rest at home, call a cab, I'll give you your car tomorrow." my eyebrow rises, but I watch as he raises his hand, demanding my keys.

I sigh. I grab my car keys and without a second thought, I hand them to him.

"Stay here, I'll be back in a moment. " Ian walks out of the classroom.

I drop into my chair, sighing.

Going for a run in the rain the night before wasn't the smartest idea. But watching all those videos, seeing all those people crying and praising the governor. I needed to do something with my body.

Running in the rain seemed like a good idea at the time.

I look at my cell phone, watching the call screen.