I smile at him, walking over to him. When I want to sit next to him, his arm wraps around me, forcing me to sit on his lap.

"Did you sleep well?" he asks with a teasing smile, a light chuckle leaving my lips.

I don't know what time it is, but something tells me we didn't get enough sleep to call it a night's rest. Although the alternative wasn't bad at all.

"I've had better nights." I say with a shrug. His mouth drops open indignantly. I laugh as his arms wrap around me, pulling me closer to him.

I shiver from a breeze, Ian's eyes lower, seeing the white silk fabric on my body.

I swallow thickly when he notices that, in fact, I still have nothing on underneath. The cold has hardened my nipples slightly, making them noticeable through the thin fabric.

Ian placed his finger on my exposed collarbone, where a small hickey had begun to redden. He looked down at it proudly before posing a small kiss.

His finger touches the fabric, slowly moving down over the edge of it until it is almost level with my breasts.

Ian lifts my gaze, his eyes meeting mine. Doubt fills them.

"Do you regret—?"

"No." I answer without hesitation, taking a deep breath at the throb of pain at the relief on his face.

I touch his face, his mole on his chin, and his beautiful hair before leaning in, gifting him a small kiss. His hand goes up to my cheek, his other hand resting on my back as he deepens the kiss a little.

I moan when he pulls away from me. I furrow my brow when I see his teasing smile.

"Well, we still have some time before we go to class; why don't you show me how that amazing night you mentioned earlier went?" I laugh as Ian gets up with me in his arms.

Ian drops me on the bed, pressing our lips together.

My eyes are closed, feeling Ian's breath under my ear.

Ian fiddles with one of my strands of hair.

"We have to get up if we want to make it to first class," he says. I groan, snuggling more into him.

His laughter vibrates my body.

Ian kisses my head, gently pushing me away, getting out of bed, putting on his t-shirt.

I grab a pillow, hugging it and closing my eyes.

"Do you want breakfast? "He asks, and I just mumble a reply before closing my eyes again.

My cell phone, wherever it is, rings, announcing a notification. I imagine it's from Luna scolding me for not letting her know when I get home, but she of all people would understand how busy I was to be able to do that.

My smile grows, even with my eyes closed.

My eyes flutter open, I sit up in bed, seeing my bedroom door open.

"Ian, wait!" I grab the robe as best I can, scrambling down the steps, tripping over one of my damn boots as I was almost to the end.

I walk around looking for Ian, relieved to see all the doors on the first floor closed.

I reach the kitchen to see Ian open a drawer; many of them are already open, as well as the refrigerator. Showing that everything is absolutely empty.

Ian turns to look at me as I arrive with bated breath.

"Did we break into someone else's house?" he asks between mockery and lots and lots of confusion.

I laugh nervously, running my hand through my hair, trying to think of an excuse that won't make me look crazy.

"I forgot to do the grocery shopping," I say, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"For three months?" he says, closing the drawers again.

"I'm used to eating out. "I say, moving closer to him, to close the refrigerator that might as well be unplugged from little use.

"Where's your mother, Young? "he asks, looking me in the eye, returning to his seriousness that irritated me at first.

"If you think I killed her and buried her in my garden, I can lead you to the body. "I say jokingly, there is no humor in Ian's face. "Fuck Ian, she's working as usual; damn it, my empty kitchen has nothing to do with her. "I mean closing the last drawer that is open.

I walk to the other side of the kitchen island, needing to put distance between us to think more clearly. Bringing him home was a terrible idea—an unbelievably terrible idea.

Ian looks at me and starts walking toward the stairs. I notice his tense back, wondering if the damned man can read minds.

"Where are you going? I'll order breakfast. "I say, but he continues up the steps.

I'm about to pay for the food delivery order when I hear him come down the steps again.

Ian walks toward me, handing me his phone. I look at it in confusion.

"You can check it to make sure I didn't take any pictures or send the address to someone if you want to keep your life private so badly. "His voice is hard.

My jaw tenses.

"There's nothing wrong with wanting privacy, Ian."

"No, but after last night, I thought we were past this, attacking each other and being defensive. "He says.

My chest shrinks, understanding his look.

But in my mind, there's only that photograph hidden in my purse, on the computer in the back of my closet, and in the gun on my nightstand.

"It was just sex, Ian."

My throat goes dry, and my eyes fill with tears. The lie, like poison on my tongue, I force myself to keep my mouth shut and my breathing quiet.

Ian watches me for an eternity before turning and slamming the door on his way out.

I drop to the kitchen floor, one hand on my chest, without taking my eyes off the hallway in front of me.

Sophia's Outfit