His eyes go from my eyes downward, unabashedly.

I raise an eyebrow when he returns to my eyes.

"You look good."

"I always look good." I say, giving him a wink. Ian rolls his eyes, settling into the seat, crossing his arms. I move closer to him, looking over the top of the car. "You look good yourself, Ian." I say, eyeing his black outfit.

Ian ignores me, but I smile at the sight of his small smile.

He disappeared as quickly as he appeared.

The doors to Oli's house open, letting out Luna in a beautiful green dress.

Oli follows her, holding her hand.

"Shall we go?" the redhead asks. I look over Oli's shoulder, my brow furrowing as he closes the door behind him. "Asher beat us to it; he arrived at the bar a couple of minutes ago; let's go."

I nod in confusion. I grab my cell phone from my purse, grimacing a little when I see that I don't have any messages from him.

I put my cell phone away, looking at Luna, not daring to return Ian's piercing gaze from the car.

"Get in." His voice is soft. I turn to see him; he has opened the passenger door of his car.

I look confused at Luna, but she and Oli are already climbing into the back.

"I thought we'd ask for a car." I say, walking around to the other side of the car to get in.

"Someone will come to take Ian's car; don't worry," says Luna from behind.

I nod, closing the door.

Ian turns to look at me. I stare at him still and do nothing.

His eyes drop to the seat belt. I snorted, putting it on.

"I was going to." I say, defensively.

Ian shakes his head, starting the car and pulling out of Oli's residence.

"Liar." His whisper is lost over the noise of the wind.

To say that outside, the bar is packed couldn't begin to explain how crowded it is. People outside, resigned to the fact that they might not get in, have started to party in the streets.

"Asher's inside, let's go" Luna's shout gets lost in the crowd and their festivities.

It's Sunday, damn it. Doesn't anyone sleep?

Ian grabs my hand before I can notice he has gotten out of the car. I turn to look back, only to see a gentleman in a suit driving away with the car.

I return my gaze to the front when I feel pushing and shoving from all sides.

I tighten my grip on the black-haired man, letting him guide me into the bar.

I smile as I see the atmosphere inside. The party outside is nothing compared to the lights, the music and the people enjoying themselves inside.

Ian doesn't pull his hand away until we've climbed to the second floor, guiding us through a sea of tables.

His grip disappears when we see Asher at the bottom.

My heart is pounding as I can see, from the distance we stand, the plethora of shot glasses on the table, Asher's messy hair, and his carefree smile.

Asher notices our presence, gets up as best he can, staggering a little but managing to steady himself by the table beside him.

He greets us with a big smile, hugging all four of us at the same time, almost knocking us to the floor.

"Jesus, Ash, haven't you been here for a couple of minutes?" Oli holds the chestnut-haired guy, helping him walk back to the table.

Asher moves his hand up and down, dismissing the guy's words.

Oli sits down next to him. Luna has disappeared to order drinks for everyone. Well, everyone but Asher, I hope.

I hesitate a bit before sitting down next to the guy who seems to be on edge.

I set my purse down next to me as Ash noticed my presence.

"Soph! Soph!" Asher grabs my hand with his hands so roughly that I reflexively grab the jacket sleeve of Ian, who has sat down next to me.

The guy is startled by my grip.

"Hi Ash." I smile at him as best I can, trying to breathe, feeling the guy's icy, shaking hands.

"Ash, have you eaten anything? I'll order you something to eat." Ian's hand grabs Asher's arm, causing the guy to lower his hands from my face.

Asher smiles at Ian. He steps over me, kicking one of my feet, before almost sitting on me.

I move to the side, bumping shoulders with Oli.

I turn to look at the blonde, concern reflected on his face. Oli stands up and motions for me to sit on the other side of him, to leave him between Ash and me.

I thank him softly, sighing a little as I sit down.

Luna returns with some drinks; she was going to say something about my choice of seats, but a look from Oli, which I pretend not to see, makes her shut her mouth.

Luna offers me a drink, and I accept it with a nod.

Ian manages to control Asher, who tries to take one of the drinks; Luna's punch pushes him away. Ian talks to a waiter about ordering something to eat for Asher and then turns to look at me.

But I look away.

Ian's Outfit