liabilities and liars

❛❛𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑠

❛❛𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑠.❜❜

veronica had a lot on her plate, so much so that she's begun choking with the amount of pressure she had been putting herself under

veronica had a lot on her plate, so much so that she's begun choking with the amount of pressure she had been putting herself under. she was a great multi-tasker but she couldn't do it all, she was just a girl after all, but she always had someone to help her. "is this everything?" jordan asked as they looked over at the girl who was laying in bed, curled up in her bedsheets. "pretty much, i just can't actually go." veronica explained as jordan, now in female form, hovered over her bed, a bag in their hand. their job was simple, take the bag to her house, give it to her grandmother and then they could come back to campus. "and if you reach the door and feel off, just don't go in." jordan nodded, veronica knew on some level sending her best friend to her house could hurt them, but she couldn't do it herself and they were always eager to help her for some reason. "what? is your grandma gonna chop me up with a machete?" a smile came on jordan's perfect lips as veronica looked up at them, slight amusement on her face. 

"just fuck off, jordan."

their laugh echoed through the room as they leaned down, placing a small kiss on top of the girl's forehead and for a moment veronica melts into it but she pulls herself together when she heard jordan speak. "now you better have gotten your shit together when i get back, number four." they pulled away and before veronica could say anything, they left the room. veronica just laid there for a while after they left, staring at the unslept in bed across from her when the door opened but not because jordan was back but because cate was back. veronica had a visual reaction to her, sliding up in her messy bed as she watched cate move to her bed without saying anything.

"hey there, stranger." she greeted her friend, catching cate's attention. she just gave a tight-lipped smile, not in her usual cheery mood as she grabbed something off her bedside table, her pills. she took three for a safety measure, veronica tossing her a water bottle as she thanked the girl. "listen, i saw you and dre talking earlier, looked really fucking secretive. what's up?" veronica pulled on her baggy t-shirt, her hair and clothes disheveled as she tried to look like she hadn't been doing nothing since her last class ended. "i think we can talk about it when you're feeling a little better." cate's voice seemed softer than usual, more delicate, more breakable. she was definitely hiding something, she was always hiding something but this was a new level of shady and weird. "better? im fine now." veronica got out of bed and three empty pringle cans followed her out of her bedsheets as she kicked them under her bed. she pulled her lips into a straight line as she stared at her friend, eyes big and brown.

"we're just a little worried about you, with the blackouts and i know you're really hurt from losing luke like that." cate tried to reach her bare hand out to touch veronica but she moved back, fast and violently, as she stumbled back onto her bed, nearly hitting her head. she didn't like when cate touched her, didn't trust her friend's hands on her. "you don't have to dance around it, just call me a fucking liability and go on with your day." the blonde's face softened at her friend's words and more importantly, at her actions. "i have to go." she didn't confirm or deny what veronica told her as she made her way to the door, looking over her shoulder as she popped it open. "im just protecting you, all ive ever done is try to protect you." with that she left the room and veronica wasn't just choking on her heavy workload but on all the so called protecting everyone had to do around her. at least darwin didn't treat her like a charity case but there was a small chance that he might have been dead. 

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

veronica didn't like being lied to, if there was one thing she thought was very important to her, it was people being honest and genuine. she tried to put on a cheery face but if she wasn't happy, she couldn't put on a fake facade but now she was happy because she was slightly high. that was what usually made her happy. "do i look like i've got my shit together?" she asked when she approached jordan, they gave her one look before looking away. "you look like you're wearing your bra inside out." their words made her look down and she was in fact not wearing her sports bra the right way, she brushed that fact off. it was dark when she found them sitting on a park bench so she used her hand to form a small ball of light so she could light her way.

"what are you doing out here?" she sat down beside them, neither of the two looked at one another, staring out into the night when they saw cate and andre pass them. they didn't notice the two sitting on the bench, they were far back, both of them not making a noise as jordan smoked a blunt before they passed it over to her until there was nothing left.

"better question, what are they doing here?" jordan shifted closer to her before they got up, "probably gonna shag somewhere." that got a laugh from jordan, "true. come on, we have to do something." jordan glanced over at the two as they led her to her dorm. she followed them reluctantly because she always followed their lead. veronica thought of herself as independent, and she was but sometimes she just didn't want to think and jordan was fine with leading her through life at times. they flopped down on her bed, she sat down beside him, legs on their lap as she rested back on her pillow. they pulled out her phone from under her pillow, hand brushing her cheek as they opened it. "think marie might actually tell the truth." they streamed the news on her phone, but marie didn't deliver on her promise that she seemed to have made to jordan and in a blind rage, her phone ended up flung across the room, cate's bed breaking its fall. "i fucking hate liars." veronica smoke as jordan moved her legs off their lap. she couldn't remember the last time she had seen them that upset.

"everything is just so much more fucked up now that brink and luke are gone. fuck, fuck, fuck," jordan banged a hand against their head as they paced her room, she could make out a hint of pain in their voice and the tears were slightly visible, but they brushed the tears away as they looked away from her. "hey, don't do that. come sit down with me." veronica reached a hand out to jordan as she pulled them closer to her bed, they were reluctant but sat down beside her as she rested her head on their lap and move their hand on her right shoulder. they lightly massaged there while she stared up at them. "two people are dead, things are obviously going to be different but different won't always mean bad." she looked up at jordan, now in female form, as their eyes softened on her, something they never did with other people, but veronica was different, they could be themselves around her and the feeling was mutual.

"i'll make things better, it won't always be this bad," jordan just looked down at her, they believed her, just like she followed their lead, they followed her and without even thinking, which was more her thing, they leaned over, now face to face with veronica. well, their eyes met, both of them having an upside-down view of each other when jordan did something they had been thinking about doing, possibly since the moment they met, they kissed her and for a moment she kissed them back before she slipped out from beneath them, breaking the small kiss as jordan practically flew off the bed in embarrassment as they swapped forms in a haste. 

veronica was gathering herself when she heard jordan throughout a loose apology, she didn't want an apology though, she wanted them. "you're sorry?" she counted the seconds it took for them to respond. too long, "yeah, uh, i don't know what i was thinking." they turned around to face her, she tried to hide the disappointment in her face and then she did what she hated the most in the world, she lied straight through her teeth. "it was an accident, doesn't really matter," they nodded in agreement and she moved over to make more room for them, "we should probably just go to bed," they nodded in agreement as they fixed their hair out of their face. "goodnight mars." and not knowing what she meant, they left her room, leaving her behind confused as she pressed her fingertips to her lips with only one thought in her mind. what the fuck, do i like jordan li?!