uncle john

❛❛𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑,❜❜

❛❛𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑,❜❜

veronica slipped her vape into her lace corset bra that she's hidden under a navy blue jumper

veronica slipped her vape into her lace corset bra that she's hidden under a navy blue jumper. she knocked on the front door of her childhood home, the door was locked and she forgot her keys. she knocked again, tapping her foot in frustration. when the door opens, she pauses, freezing slightly. it takes a lot for her to look up at the man in front of her. he holds his hand out, points to her chest. she pulls the vape from her bra, hands it to her when he throws it behind her, it speeds past her at lighting speed.

"that's going to impale someone." she mumbles, feeling smaller than usual as the man guided her into her childhood home. "don't act like you care. donuts?" he points to the box on the kitchen table. she politely declines.

"where's my nan?"

"do you always worry this much?" she's not sure if she can trust his smile, not sure if she can trust him.

"why are you here?"

"wow," he placed a hand over his heart, "can't i visit one of my only living relatives? give me a hug." he holds her close to him and she can't fight him off. she felt her heart race in her chest, she regretted coming home. "im not your family." she spoke, her accent squeaky. he loves her accent and now it felt like she was strengthening it to impress him. "don't say that, i mean, ive been here for you your entire life." he looked around the living room to where her granny had put up the pictures of them together, of him teaching her to play catch, of them on her birthdays and even of him at her graduation.

"and after your friend died, i wanted to be there for you." he petted her black hair, something he did every time he saw her. she just stared, hollow eyes. "coulda just sent another cheque." she looked through the house, trying to find a sign that anyone else was there. she hated being alone with him. "a cheque doesn't have human feelings." she fights the urge to say he doesn't either. "i want to hear from you, first hand experience." he pulled out a chair for her, she reluctantly took it. "what happened, veronica?" he pushed the donuts close to her. she took out one donut. she took a small bite, surprised when it wasn't poisonous.

"i don't really know, i was with jordan when marie ran down the hall and luke was trying to kill her." she paused and he handed her a glass of water. "then he attacked us and went outside and just—" she pauses and he makes a small hand gesture to show an explosion. she was less than impressed. "do you know why?" she shrugged. "you can do better than that, weren't you the best of friends?"

"we were but i didn't know what was going on inside his head. no one did."

"are you lying to me, little girl?"

"no."

"your heartbeat tells a different story."

"that's because im scared of you." she exhales deeply, staring up at him in his full glory. he laughed. "that's good."

"is that all you need, uncle john?" she crossed her legs and he nodded, pulling her into his embrace one last time. "be good." he was gone before she could say anything back.