"Well, I will let you two have some time together," Sam began. "But Henry, you need to be in the garage in ten."

He nodded before his performance coach disappeared down the hall.

Henry turned back to me. "I'm glad you flew over."

I grinned. "Me too. I'm beginning to like this sport."

"Oh yeah? Did you not already like it cause of Theo?"

Even though my father was a rally driver, the whole idea of motorsport frightened me. It had been years since he passed away, but I always felt guilty indulging in something that took the life of the person I looked up to the most. I still felt that way, but there was something inside me that wanted to break through this fear. And doing it with Theo and Henry oddly seemed to help...a lot.

I realised I'd fallen into a trance when Henry said my name. I shook my head. "Sorry. Uh, no I hadn't gotten into the sport because I was too busy. But life seems to have slowed down now."

Henry nodded. "I mean, I can see how starting a business would take precedence."

I smiled. I knew it was just a passing comment, but something about the way he remembered my story, along with the hint of pride in his tone, made me feel good.

"Come on. Sam will be waiting," I said as I walked to the door.

***

HENRY

I gently knocked on Sydney's door at half past six. She'd texted me to let me know she'd be ready in five, but I was highly doubting that now that she was yelling, "Just a minute."

I laughed, feeling slightly weirded out by the nervous sensation brewing in my stomach. I'd been on numerous dates, and this one wasn't even real. I guess I didn't want to say the wrong thing and have Theo knocking down my door at midnight. She didn't need to be my girlfriend for me to know I needed to tread lightly.

She opened the door five minutes later, wearing a slicked bun, a white skirt, and a red corset that showed a lot of cleavage. I respectfully shifted my gaze to her eyes, although the red corset reminded me a lot of the lingerie on our phone call.

I knew little about makeup, but she'd definitely done something new to her eyes. It made the blue in them stand out even more, and I had to admit she looked fucking gorgeous. She always looked sun-kissed with her soft, tan skin, and those freckles were so damn beautiful. It was her personality and her beauty that made this arrangement all the easier.

We arrived at the rooftop restaurant just after seven. I held out my arm for my fake girlfriend and she took it gracefully. We were seated by the window, where the skyline adorned the edges of the city like a necklace. Sydney was directly opposite me, looking out at the city view intensely. Her hands were woven as she rested them directly under her chin.

"It's so pretty," she said.

I nodded, though she couldn't see me.

"So," she eventually said as she returned her gaze to me. "Have you thought about how we're going to end it?"

I raised my brow, almost choking on my water as I said, "I'm sorry?"

She chuckled, covering her mouth while doing so. "I mean, the relationship is pretty public. We'll have to tell the world it's over somehow."

Damn, I hadn't thought about that.

The waitress saved me for a minute as she took our drink order.

"Hey," she said to me. Her long brown hair sat directly above her hips, while a long, navy dress clung to her body. I vaguely remember meeting up with her in my second year of Formula One...when we had a Grand Prix in Shanghai.