Chapter 24 - Rogues

Start from the beginning

The rogues sprung back on their feet and charged at us, but Freya was done messing around. She ripped through them all in a flash. We moved so fast that I was sure we were but a blur to everyone. The rogues didn't stand a chance. They were a pile of guts and shredded flesh on the ground before they even saw us coming. She was ruthless, but I can't say they didn't deserve it. It may have looked like a quick death with how fast we were moving, but it wasn't a swift death for them. They felt every tear, bite, and laceration. She tore them limb from limb leaving them unrecognizable. You wouldn't even be able to tell what kind of animal they were. It didn't take long until every last one of them were piles of appendages, their blood staining the field. Freya stood in the middle of all the gory with their blood dripping down our snout and staining our fur. We finally turn our gaze over to our pack and survey their shocked faces. They kept glancing from us to the dead bodies around us. Freya snarled at them causing them to freeze up.

'Alpha, are you back?' Adrian links cautiously. 

'Bri, did it work? Do you have control?' Tyler links.

'Alpha are you back in control or is it still Freya?' Noah questions.

All there links are coming in at the same time giving me a headache. 

'Will you guys shut up! Yes, it worked. I have control back,' I snapped, shutting them all up.

I trot behind one of the trees and shift. It wasn't a smooth shift as Freya was still resisting, but I had enough control back that I shoved her down. I quickly throw on a t-shirt from the pile inside the tree trunk. I come out from behind the tree and I'm immediately enveloped by a pair of arms. 

"Tyler get off me."

"Sorry, I'm just glad you managed to come back to us," he apologizes as he releases me. "I was sure we've lost you once again. I was worried about how long you'd be gone this time."

"I know," I sigh, feeling a small pang of guilt. "I'm sorry, but the news really got to me. Where's Devin any way?"

"When you lost control, he went to get some warriors to try to contain you. He was on his way over when he heard the news of the rogues. He decided to stay behind and help keep everyone else safe," Max explains.

"Okay, good thing this didn't get out of control," I reply, feeling slightly relieved.

"You should have seen yourself! You were moving so fast, we couldn't keep up with your moves. The whole time you had a red glow surrounding you, which is how we could make out where you were," Noah exclaims.

"Right. Okay Adrian, I need you to get a few people to clean up this mess. I don't need the blood seeping into our soil. Their blood doesn't deserve to mix with the remains of our fallen pack members." 

"On it Alpha."

"I'm going to go check and make sure everyone is safe then I'll go wash all this filth off. I need you guys in my office by the time I'm done. Please make sure Devin is there too," I state before I taking off towards the pack house. 

I went down to the safe room in the pack house to see for myself that everyone was safe. I even went cabin to cabin and made sure everyone was okay and accounted for. I let them know it was okay to come out of hiding. I made one final stop at the pack hospital to make sure Stephen and the other 2 we hurt were ok. I couldn't bring myself to face them just yet, so I just checked in with the doctor to get there status report. Henry let me know that they just had a few broken bones but mainly bruising and they should be ready to go by tomorrow. I thanked him and headed back to my cabin to take a shower. I know I need to apologize to them face to face, and I will, but not now. Freya is still antsy and I need to gain full control and put her at peace before I face them. I got to my cabin and went straight for a shower. As soon as the water hit my body, I broke. The events of today and the past replayed in my mind, uncontrollable sobs wracking through my body.

(WARNING: Accidental self harm. Continue reading at your own risk.)

I lost track of time as I stood there letting the steaming rays of water cascade over me, turning my skin red. The tears had stopped a while ago, washed away down the shower drain. The bathroom was filled with steam that I bet you couldn't even see me numbly standing here. Something else snapped in me as I reached for the wash cloth.  I harshly began to scrub off all the blood from my body. I continued to scrub, the stream of hot water burning as it hit every inch of raw skin. Even though all the blood was gone, I still felt dirty. I felt that if I continued to scrub, I can get rid off the bad memories and the guilt. Guilt for wanting to find my mate and leaving my mother and pack unprotected. Guilt for not getting to her sooner. Guilt for the harm I have caused to the innocent. Guilt for just being alive. I scrubbed and scrubbed as fresh blood began to appear, my blood. I watched as it mixed with the  water as it disappeared down the drain. I didn't realize my claws had come out. 

'That's enough,' Freya's gentle voice snaps me out of my daze. 

She retracts our claws. She tried to reach out to soothe me as her sadness pours in though our connection. Tears begin streaming down my face one after the other before I'm a crying mess once more. Freya whimpers as she pushes forward, nudging our bond in an attempt to comfort me.

'I'm sorry for making things worse. I promise to control this side of me better. I don't want to put you in this state ever again,' Freya states remorsefully.

'It's not just you. I need to work on my anger too. We need to work together to rid of these demons that haunts our mind. We need to do better for our pack. We can't taint the legacy mom and dad left behind. Their lives will not be in vain.'

'You're right. We will get through this together and help heal each other. We need to figure out the rogue issue first. How did they manage to get inside our borders and why? Were they sent by the Rogue Alpha or were these lone rogues?'

'I don't know, but we should go meet with the others and get answers.'

I turn off the water and step out. I go to wrap a towel around myself and that's when I catch sight of my reflection. My eyes are red and puffy from all the crying and my whole body is red from either the scrubbing, the steaming water or both. The cuts I accidently made are beginning to heal. I tear my gaze away from the mirror as I head into the room to get dressed. I take one last glance in the full length mirror. The cuts have fully healed now. On the outside I looked fine, normal, the only signs of what happened where etched into my brain along with the rest of my inner scars. Sadly my werewolf genes can only heal outer wounds. I pull myself together before making my way out of my cabin and in the direction of the pack house. I put my feelings on the back burner and go into Alpha mode as I walk into my office where everyone is already waiting for me. 

"Let's get down to business."

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Hey guys!

Here's another update. I know the ending was a bit sad. I apologize if anyone was triggered or felt some type of way while reading it. I hope everyone is okay and doing good. Thank you for the support you've shown 💛. 

Another character was introduce who will be pooping up in later chapters.

Henry Grant:
* 40 years old.
* Head pack doctor for the Blood Moon Pack.