24| A heartbeat

"How the hell did I get roped into this!? Knew I shouldn't have come, damn it!" Shinazugawa growled, fists clenched and veins bulging.

"Come on, Shinazugawa, it's not the end of the world," Shinobu commented, her tone laced with kindness, though it was evident she was restraining her anger from telling him to shut up.

"I'm not doing it, damn it!" Shinazugawa snapped again.

"I'm not exactly thrilled about sharing room with that guy either," Iguro interjected.

Mitsuri, looking somewhat worried, brought a hand to her lips. "Guys, I don't know if you've noticed, but Tomioka is right here," she said, pointing at the boy, who hadn't even opened his mouth.

"I don't think that matters much to them, Mitsuri," I said.

"Would it be an issue if Tomioka shared the room with you guys?" Mitsuri asked, honestly confused. Shinazugawa looked at her with a furrowed brow and rolled eyes, like if the answer to her question was obvious.

"I want to stay with the girls," Tokito casually declared. All the boys looked at him with bewildered expressions.

"Oh, of course, Muichiro-kun can stay with us," Mitsuri agreed, excited.

"That solves the problem," Tokito added, indifferent.

"How the hell that fixes anything? Tomioka is still in our room!" Shinazugawa growled.

"It doesn't solve anything, but at least this way, I'm with (y/n)-chan," Tokito shrugged.

Tengen raised his voice to restore order, leaning on the counter. "Hey, come on everyone, chill out. It's vacation time; no need for us to squabble. The whole point of this is for us to bond and get along."

"You're only saying that because you've got a room all to yourself," Iguro pointed out, with narrowed eyes.

Shinazugawa angrily accused, "You had this all mapped out, you bastard? I'm going to knock you senseless!"

"The room is for me and my three wives, we need some privacy, you know?" Tengen said, smiling.

That only made Iguro and Shinazugawa even more angry.

"So, where are your wives supposed to be?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"They're coming a little later," he excused.

"I'm keeping an eye on you," Shinobu said with narrowed eyes.

"Huh? What are you implying?" Tengen said, offended.

"Hey, you're holding up the line, can you decide on the rooms?" the receptionist interjected, tired of us.

"I'm not bunking in the same room as this guy, no fucking way," Shinazugawa growled.

"Neither am I," Iguro added.

However, in the end, they had no choice but to accept the room Tengen had chosen for them, the four boys would sleep together, Tengen in a separate, much larger room, and the three of us, girls, together in a different one.

"Enjoy your stay!" exclaimed the receptionist, but the only ones who responded were Tengen and Mitsuri.

"You sleep outside," Iguro snapped, shooting Tomioka a disapproving look.

"Yeah, don't even think about entering the room," Shinazugawa threatened him.

Shinobu watched Tomioka with pity before a mischievous smile spread across her face. I knew what she was going to say before she said it. "Hey, Tomioka, if they won't let you in their room, you can come to ours," she said, with a hidden smirk.