A Lost Commander and A Captain

"They are going to kill us when they realise we are alive" 

Looking up, Cody could only smile watching Rex try and work out the lock on the cell door that they had been taken into after an explosion at a chemical plant they had been infiltrating with their generals. In the process they lost their Comms and now were stuck in a cage by their previous kidnapper who was now dead due to Cody's judgement. 

"It's just that we all know how protective General Skywalker is of anyone who is hurt or missing. Just look at the time Ahsoka went missing but with us? He is either going to think we are dead or gone forever. God knows what General Kenobi is thinking with you gone" Rex rambled finally able to open the cell. Cody remained silent as he hacked into the kidnappers' systems, switching off the cameras and anything he could find. 

"Cody, are you sure this is a good idea? When they find out we are alive, they will kill us" Rex turned to his older brother who hadn't said a word, not since he had been slashed in the neck, his vocal cords were damaged but they didn't know how badly, so he had to remain quiet until he knew. 

'I'm sure, now set up the bomb. We have to find out exactly what this order 66 is and we can't do that with all the heat on us' Cody signed, he and Rex had stumbled on forbidden documents as they were escaping the place. Rex could only nod, they were leaving behind their helmets and an insane amount of blood that was mostly Cody's from his torture plus he didn't exactly have a right arm anymore. Yep he now has a metal arm which Rex apologised for since he wouldn't answer the interrogator. Cody only waved him off knowing it would take him a while to get used to.

“Done, how about you?” Rex said removing his helmet and placing it beside the wall where Cody gestured to do so. The commander had a sad look on his face as he looked down at the necklace that held something close to him, the ring. Rex only sighed, taking it from his brother and dipping it in the blood before leaving it beside the commander's helmet. 

‘Video is ready to be sent and we have ten minutes to get out’ Cody signed, turning to look Rex in the eye. His younger brother only nodded, the two latched hands and nodded as in sync they pressed the button before they took off running in a sprint, they had grabbed a few cloaks that the kidnappers had. 

Meanwhile…

“TELL ME! Where is my CAPTAIN!” Anakin yelled at a Hutt who only smirked, the giant creature was being held at gunpoint by the 501st and a small squad of the 212th who were scanning the area for their missing commander who had been snatched off the streets of Nal Hutta. At the time Cody and Rex were in the process of reporting in when the last thing they all heard was Rex scream Cody’s name before what sounded like a fight had the jedi sprinting for the area only for them to find the hutt Anakin was currently interrogating and several destroyed droids. This was more than a standard hour ago. 

“I do not know, that was not the deal?” 

“Deal, What deal!” 

The hutt visibly froze as Anakin’s eyes flashed red before switching back to their original colour. 

“Master, are you not going to step in?” Ahsoka looked up at General Kenobi who was thinking while trying to stay composed, especially since he and his commander had a very special bond.

“Generals, you must see this!” 

Hearing his lieutenant, Anakin turned to see Jesse running towards them with a recent video call. Jesse took a step back as he transferred the video to the device placed on a nearby wall. It was none other than Cody and Rex hanging by chains, the commander of the two never looked away from the camera even when it showed Cody’s body covered in blood including the missing arm which was on the ground.