A Cold Betrayal (Obi-wan x Cody)

Another team up by the 501st and 212th meant more destruction and more than likely higher death toll whether this was the clones or civilians. All that mattered to the Jedi was keeping peace which was a hard thing to do on a battlefield that had turned into a war. 

Together Obi-wan and Anakin Skywalker led the attack against the planet of Serenno. Once it was a beautiful planet but now it has been destroyed by war. This was the home of ancient temples and past royals, or more importantly the home of the vicious Count Dooku. The Jedi council had decided on taking the attack to the home of the sith lord. However, amongst all of the clones who marched onto the battlefield hoping to not match on and survive this ordeal, one clone was feeling a temptation of conflict. 

"Commander, sectors b and c have been covered. Do we move to a?" 

Commander Cody was startled out of his thoughts as he looked up to see one of the 212th looking at him for orders. 

"Yes lieutenant" Cody didn't voice it instead it came from another. None other than Obi-wan Kenobi, the commander's long-time friend who had turned lover in secret. A hand landed on his shoulder turning him to face the Jedi, "Cody? Are you okay?" Obi-wan whispered only receiving a nod just as Anakin, Ahsoka and Rex appeared by their sides. 

"Master, we seem to be winning, do you think we can do it?" 

"Of course snips…"

"Let's try not to get ahead of ourselves Anakin, now tell me what goes the attack on the sith temple…" 

Cody drowned out the voices of the Jedi and Rex who added few details that the commander wasn't interested in, instead his attention was drawn to a nearby family huddling under a broken roof, they were sobbing holding what looked like a dead child in their arms. Cody's heart clenched as he followed his feet, sneaking away from the Jedi whom he was sure were watching him. He was aware that some of the 501st were watching, including Jesse, Kix, Fives and Echo, the four watching him with wide eyes. 

The family flinched on his approach until he removed his helmet and his eyes glowed a colour that had them gasping in shock. 

"Cor…" 

"Shh, she will heal. I will end this, this will not go on any longer. Head for the temple of Saleton, the droid tunnels" Cody interrupted the family who nodded, they immediately scooped up their family member and ran for safety encouraging others as Cody replaced his helmet back over his head.

He watched them flee away avoiding the clones and making sure to remain out of the path of the droids who didn't seem to care. Cody ignored the looks returning to the Jedi's side just as explanations came to an end. 

"Cody, did you get any of that while you went exploring?" Anakin teased.

"Yes, 212th cover the forefront while the 501st disbane and ambush those from behind. During this you two generals use the mountains as ways to sneak past and head for the sith temple while Rex leads a small group with Commander Tano to follow after you both general" Cody bluntly said the words in the most uninterested tone ever as he stared at them all with a blank expression. 

"And you?" Obi-wan asked. 

"I flank from the left with the arc twins to make sure no droids escape in the retreat" Cody said with an eyebrow raised. 

"Right, snips you got this?" Anakin turned to his padawan while he tried not to show his concern for the marshall commander who had been pulled aside by Obi-wan not far from Fives and Echo who shared a look. 

"Cody, what's wrong?" Obi-wan whispered. 

"Nothing General" 

"Cody, it's me. You don't have to call me by…"