Betrayal?

Lute returned to heaven, determined to reclaim Adam no matter the obstacles that stood in her way. With each step she took through the celestial halls, her mind filled with plans and strategies to defy fate and bring back her beloved. She knew the task wouldn't be easy, but she was willing to do whatever it took to save Adam from the abyss he had fallen into.

While the notes of her guitar resonated below in hell, Adam immersed himself in his thoughts, plotting a plan to keep Lute away from his side. It was then that he saw a beautiful demon woman, whose presence seemed to offer a tempting opportunity. A cunning idea began to form in his mind: what if he pretended to be in love with her to keep Lute at bay? With a mischievous smile on his lips, Adam set out to put his plan into action, aware that the game had just begun.

Though he knew his actions might hurt Lute, he had to push her away before Lilith could harm her. With a lump in his throat and the weight of guilt on his chest, he prepared to move forward with his plan, aware that the price of his deceit could be high.

With her heart in her throat, Lute descended carefully the next day, her eyes anxiously searching for Adam among the crowd. Finally, she found him, but her heart sank to see him with a demon woman, sharing laughter. A sharp pain pierced her as she struggled to contain her tears, wondering what had happened in her absence.

Adam smiled at Lute when he saw her approaching, but his expression turned tense when she noticed the presence of the demon woman by his side. "Lute, look, I've met this amazing woman," Adam began, trying to hide his nervousness. The tension in the air was palpable as Lute struggled to contain her emotions, knowing something was wrong but unsure what to do about it.

Adam looked at her with a feigned expression of surprise, while the demon woman beside him smiled maliciously. "Oh, Lute, don't worry," Adam replied with apparent indifference. "She's just a friend."

Lute felt the pain intensify within her upon hearing those words. "A friend?" she replied bitterly. "Since when do you make friends with demons, Adam?"

The demon woman let out a mocking laugh, enjoying the conflict unfolding before her. "Haven't you been told, little angel? Demons can have friends too," she said with a tone dripping with irony.

Lute clenched her fists tighter, fighting against the anger threatening to overflow. "I don't care what you say," she replied determinedly. "I'm not going to let you push me away, Adam. We're stronger than this."

Adam looked at her with a mix of pity and frustration, knowing his words would only make things worse. "Lute, please understand," he began to say, but he was interrupted by the demon woman beside him.

"You should listen to your boyfriend, little one," the woman interjected with a sinister smile. "He may never be yours again."

Adam looked at Lute tenderly, trying to calm her doubts and fears. "Lute, I know this seems strange," he began, his voice filled with sincerity. "But trust me, I love you and I'll always be with you."

Adam's words resonated in Lute's heart, but something inside her still troubled her. She remembered a phrase, a promise that only they knew, one they shared in the happiest days of their love. And in that moment, suspicion gripped her, the weight of truth becoming apparent.

"Adam," she said with a trembling voice, her eyes searching his with intensity. "Do you remember... what we promised in that rose garden?"

The air filled with tense silence as the demon woman, sensing the emotionally charged atmosphere, discreetly decided to withdraw, leaving Adam and Lute alone with their hidden truths. Lute, with her gaze fixed on Adam, couldn't contain her anguish as she awaited an honest response.

Adam, facing the overwhelming weight of the lie, finally dropped the facade and confessed the truth he had been hiding. His words hung in the air, laden with the gravity of the situation and the sincerity of his feelings.

"I'm sorry, Lute," Adam murmured, his voice trembling, reflecting the internal turmoil consuming him. "I remember everything... every moment we spent together."

Adam's words filled the space between them, breaking the silence with raw truth.

In response to Lute's question, Adam found himself in a dilemma, torn between the need to protect her and the honesty she deserved. With a sigh, he gathered the courage to explain his painful decision.

"I did it to protect you, Lute," Adam confessed, his voice resonating with a tone heavy with anguish. "I knew Lilith might try something against you, and I thought that by pushing you away from me, you might be safe. But I was wrong, and I deeply regret it."

Adam's words, though filled with good intentions, couldn't completely dispel the shadow of disappointment and confusion enveloping Lute. However, his sincerity opened a door to understanding, a first step toward rebuilding the lost trust.

Lute, confused and hurt by the revelation, questioned Adam with a mixture of disbelief and distress. "How is this possible? Why would Lilith do something like this to us?"

Adam, with a somber look, fell silent.

Lute, struggling to process the betrayal, recalled her encounter with Lilith. "But... she helped me get to hell. I thought she was an ally. How could she do this to me?"

Adam, learning that Lilith had been the one to lead Lute to the underworld, felt a growing fury within him. His voice resonated with contained anger as he uttered the words: "How dare she?! She's manipulated both of us!"

Lute watched in astonishment the change in Adam's expression, noting the fury unleashed in his eyes. "What's going on, Adam? Why are you so angry?" she asked cautiously.

Adam took a deep breath, trying to contain his rage as he shared the truth he had just discovered. "Lute, you must know the truth. Lilith... she's actually Eva, transformed. I always knew, but I kept that secret."

Adam's words hung in the air, laden with revelation and a sense of urgency. Lute was left breathless by the revelation, understanding the complexity of the situation they were in.

Seeing that Lute needed an explanation, he began to tell a story that had happened seven years ago.