Lack of interest

Lute remained lost in her thoughts, trapped in a labyrinth of doubts and confusing emotions. In that moment, a glimmer in the distance caught her attention, and she realized Adam was about to signal the end of this year's extermination.

With determination, Adam unleashed a powerful angelic beam that dispersed the last demons daring to defy them, marking the close of the bloody battle. With a firm and authoritative voice, he ordered all exterminators to return to heaven, and soon the battlefield filled with the sound of weapons being stored and angels preparing to depart.

Amidst the bustle and commotion of departure, Adam took Lute by the arm and led her to a secluded corner away from the curious gazes of others.

In that place of intimacy, he gracefully removed his mask and then proceeded to gently remove Lute's mask, revealing their faces without veils or secrets.

The contact of his warm and confident hands on her skin made Lute shiver, and when he gently cupped her chin in his fingers, she felt as if the entire world faded away around her. With a barely audible whisper, he kissed her with a passion that left her breathless.

Adam's closeness enveloped her in a sense of security and belonging, and as he pulled her closer with a passionate embrace, Lute felt as if she were home for the first time in a long while.

Lute wished that moment of intimacy and tenderness could last forever.Adam and Lute slowly parted, but their gazes remained intertwined. Stealthily, they climbed onto the roof of a dilapidated house and sat together, contemplating the chaos surrounding them.

Breaking the silence, Adam reminded Lute how much he loved her, and she leaned against his shoulder with a sigh of relief. She knew those moments of intimacy were fleeting, that soon they would return to heaven where Adam would resume his mask of a tough and disinterested man.

Sometimes, Lute doubted if their love was true, if the displays of affection they shared were more than mere games.

But then she remembered the passionate gazes they exchanged when alone, the furtive caresses and the "whispers of love" in the middle of the night. The young exterminator blushed and smiled gently.

Despite the need to keep their relationship secret, Lute found solace in those moments of complicity they shared.

Adam casually indicated it was time to return to heaven and headed towards the portal. Lute watched him go, feeling a lump in her throat as a mix of emotions washed over her.

She decided to move forward and headed towards the portal. When she finally crossed the portal and it closed behind her, she found Adam laughing and taunting the demons they had defeated, boasting of their achievements with arrogance as always.

Then, Adam approached her with a smile, giving her a hearty pat on the back in congratulations for her performance. "You really acted like a damn bitch in that battle, congratulations Lute," said Adam, with his typical rough and straightforward tone resonating in the air.

Lute felt a chill run down her spine at Adam's words, but she forced a smile and nodded in response, trying to hide the mix of emotions engulfing her. It was hard to ignore the disdainful tone with which Adam addressed her, but she knew it was part of the game they had to play in front of the other angels.

Next, Adam turned to Vaggie, who was skillfully cleaning the edge of her weapon. With a gesture of pride, Adam hugged her and exclaimed loudly for all the other angels to hear, "But there's no crazier bitch than my best exterminator, right, Vaggie?"

Laughter and applause echoed around them as the other angels joined in the celebration, congratulating Vaggie for her bravery and skill in battle. Lute joined in the chorus of congratulations, although inside she felt a strong hatred towards her companion.In the days that followed, Lute found herself facing repeated moments where Adam treated her with indifference. In meetings with other angels, Adam often ignored her or downplayed her contributions, preferring to focus his attention on Vaggie or other members of the group.On missions, Adam would often give her orders brusquely and disparagingly, as if he didn't trust her ability to perform adequately. Often, Lute found herself battling her own internal demons as she tried to hold her head high and fulfill her responsibilities, despite constantly feeling belittled by the one who was supposed to lead and love her.In the rare moments of intimacy they shared, Adam was distant and reserved, as if he didn't want to reveal his true feelings. His displays of affection were scarce and superficial, leaving Lute with a painful void in her heart and the feeling that her love was unappreciated and unreciprocated.Amidst a particularly arduous mission, Adam and Lute found themselves in a situation that completely broke the latter's heart. They were fighting against a horde of powerful demons, and despite their combined efforts, the battle was becoming increasingly desperate.

At a critical moment, when Lute was about to be overwhelmed by a particularly fierce demon, Adam intervened to save her, unleashing a powerful beam that disintegrated the enemy. However, instead of showing gratitude or concern for her safety, Adam looked at her coldly and said in a rude tone, "You should be more careful, Lute. I can't keep saving you all the time."

Adam's words hit Lute like a punch to the stomach, leaving her stunned and hurt by his insensitivity.

That night, in her room in heaven, Lute found herself alone and overwhelmed by sadness and confusion. She tried to hold back the tears as she replayed the events of the day over and over again, feeling the crushing weight of disappointment and hopelessness.

Despite the pain and disappointment, Lute decided to hold onto her love for Adam, even as she crumbled inside. She refused to give up on what she felt for him, despite the deep wounds he had inflicted upon her.

With her heart pounding fiercely in her chest, she sought out Adam in heaven, finding him in a secluded corner where he was reflecting alone. With determined steps, she approached him and stopped in front of him, looking him squarely in the eyes with determination.

"Adam," she began with a firm but trembling voice, "I know things have been difficult between us lately, but... but I can't ignore what I feel for you. My love for you is real and deep, and I'm willing to fight for it, despite everything."

Adam looked at her with surprise and bewilderment in his eyes.