Chapter 7 - I've Been Waiting for You!

Start from the beginning

Why should I go home when they never call me? I'm happy where I am and I have no interest in ruining my mood by going home.

Their jabs at me when they rarely call do the work anyway!

"Don't try to turn this on me Urvi! I'm just trying to tell you what Mumma Papa told me. They miss you and want to you see you. That's it! ", she says angrily.

Angry? Seriously! She's angry at me now? God I didn't ask for this when my day was going as good as it could! Why does this always happen? Uhhhhh!!!

"Why would parents even need a mediator between them and their child Di? Do you not think there's something wrong with them when they do all this?", I try to reason with her.

" I know that Urvi. I've always known, but why don't you try and talk to them. Why don't you take the first step?", she says.

" I've tried di. I've tried! Have been doing that for 20 years of my life. But now I'm done. I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore!", I say and cut the call before she could even reply.

I'm almost on the verge of tears. I raise my head and blink rapidly to stop them from spilling out. You wouldn't want to cry in front of the whole college now, would you?

-- -- --

"Ahanaaa! We're gonna be late!", I shout and move into her bedroom to see what this girl is even doing.

"What the hell!", I shout again looking at her state!

She looks up from her place on the dressing table still slowly straighning her hair and gives me a 'You're gonna rip my ears off with the way you're shouting and I can't dance at the party if I can't hear the music' look.

"Why aren't you ready yet? The party starts at 7 pm and we're already 5 minutes late!", I whisper shout this time.

"Babe!!! Iconic entries are always made by the ones that are late!", she says flipping her hair.

This girl! Always giving reasons for her laziness.

"I've had a bad day Hana. Please let's go early!!! I wanna drink and let go of everything that's bothering me. ", I whine and then jump sit on her bed.

"Mom and dad called?", she asks, because Ahana is my best friend and knows everything.

"No, they didn't. They never do! As always Di called, in the afternoon.", and I start fiddling with my phone.

"Okay, I'll be ready in 5 minutes and then let's leave. You can drink as much as you want today and I'll be there for you. ", she turns towards the mirror and does final touches of makeup on her pretty face.

 ", she turns towards the mirror and does final touches of makeup on her pretty face

*Urvi's outfit for the party*

*Ahana's outfit for the party*

Minutes later we're in the cab heading towards Karan's farmhouse, where the party is.

As soon as we're inside, I'm hit with the smell of booze and perfumes and how could we forget! The sweat!!!

Yuckkk!

But that's a party at a guys place for you. Though it's a farmhouse, I guess the guys keep having parties here for it to smell like this.

"Hey pretty ladies!", comes a manly voice and I turn my head in the direction of the voice to find a guy walking towards us.

"Did you just join the party?" He asks and we nod.

"Then you'll have to take a mandatory 'Welcome to the Party' vodka shot right now before you enter any further into the house.", he says and points us towards the table where a dozen shot glasses are kept on it.

"Can we take more than one shot?", I ask surprising even myself. My mind has finally come to an agreement with my heart at the idea of drinking and letting go I guess.

"You can take as many shots as you want, beautiful. They're all yours if that's what you want.", he says rubbing the back of his hand against my upper arm and then licks his lips.

I swat his hand away and pull Ahana towards the table where the vodka shots are kept.

I pick two glasses, one for me and one for her.

"Let's do this, yeah?", I say, passing her the glass.

"Oh yeahhh", she says and the two of us gulp it down in just one go.

Before we move further inside the house, I take one more shot, coz why not???

"Let's go look for Vivaan. He said he's here already.", she says and is pulling me towards the garden.

OMGGG!

It's so pretty out here. There are fairy lights hanging from tree to tree, people have put on a bonfire and there's a table in the corner where people are playing Jenga.

I'm a bit tipsy right now and there's a light sway in my walk.

"Hanaaaaa!", I hear a voice and then suddenly I'm engulfed in a hug from behind.

"I have been waiting for you", the person says and whoever it is, is drunk as fuck.

____________________

Jaldi jaldi vote aur comment karo and tell me if you'd like the story more in English or in Hindi.

I mean there's nothing that gives feels like Hindi dialogues do, but your opinion matters!

Please eagerly wait for the next chapter and miss Abhi x Urvi❤️