Winning a battle, losing a war

Start from the beginning

Bailey: I know I've forgotten something, something is happening today, I know I should know what it is, but I just can't...(shakes her head)

Derek: All right, nice talking to you Dr. Bailey.

Bailey: Something...right in front of my face...

Shepherd walks forward to cross the road, Bailey gasps and grabs him.

Bailey: Doctor!

We see several bike riders race past, two crash.

Bailey: Now I remember! Dr Shepherd, watch out.

The bike riders aren't professionals and are kicking each other etc. Another one crashes.

Cut to the hospital, Bailey with her interns.

Bailey: Fools on bikes killing themselves. Natural selection is what it is.

Alex: (quietly to George) So what's up with the nazi, is she off her meds?

Daisy shook her head. She heard about this stupid Seattle competition.

Suicidal bikers wanting free shots.

George: You never heard of the race?

Shot of a nice, neat OR schedule. Webber, Burke and Shepherd are standing in front of it.

Webber: Excellent board. Well-timed, balanced, efficient - if all goes well, we'll have an early night.

Bailey: Chief! Dead baby bike race started twenty minutes ago.

Webber: All right, people! Dead baby bike race day!

Intern wipes the schedule off.

George: Every year this bar -

Meredith: The Dead Baby Bar.

George: Every year, they hold this underground bike race.

Izzie: Don't you wonder why someone would name a bar something so disgusting?

Cristina: Keep your panties on, Nancy Drew.

George: The race is completely illegal, and -

Meredith: Crazy, a bunch of bike messengers racing against traffic trying to beat each other for free shots of tequila.

Alex: All-out, no holds barred competition, sounds like fun.

Izzie: Yeah, you would think that.

George: The race doesn't even have any rules. Except eye gouging - no eye gouging.

Daisy: Which is a stupid rule to have, it must mean that it has happened before and someone got extremely hurt or died.

Cristina: Oh great, we're going to be trapped in the Pit bandaging up idiots when we could be up in the OR?

Daisy: There could be internal bleeding cases, those are always surgical.

George: What kind of people engage in a race that has, as its only rule, that you can't rip out the eyeballs of another human being?

Alex: Men, Georgie, men.

Bailey: I need someone to get up to the OR floor, the Chief needs a right hand.

Everyone's hands shoot up.

Bailey: George:

Meredith VO: And number four: everything, everything is a competition.

Bailey: Okay people, the rules of trauma. Don't mingle with the ER interns, they don't know their ass from their oesophagus. Sew fast, discharge fast, take bodies up to the OR yesterday. Don't let me catch you fighting over patients. Got it? Come on, let's go.