p a r t t w e n t y - o n e

Start from the beginning

"She's getting put in for third right?" Robby asked, Coach nodded before everyone started talking.

Vince came over and we sat down beside each other, "is this your way of taking everyone's attention off of us?"

"What?"

"All anyone can talk about is you scoring all these goals, everyone but you is pretty much irrelevant right now." He laughed.

"That's not true-" "check twitter."

So I did, and he was right.

Third period had started, we were leading 6-3.

I had started slowing down, my gear started feeling heavy, and the arena was spinning.

I knew it wasn't a good feeling so I got off the ice, Coach asked how I was feeling and I explained it, and he told me to stay out until further notice.

I watched as both teams got so many close goals, but the goalies were just too good right now.

Ten minutes was left on the clock, and Coach asked how I was feeling.

I was feeling better, and there was only ten minutes left, so I got back in.

We went back and forth for a few seconds before Robby got the puck, everyone assumed he would try to score, but he threw everyone off when he passed the puck to me.

But I didn't have time to stop and think, so I just shot it, hoping for the best.

And then the buzzer rang.

"Holy shit?!" I laughed.

My sixth goal of the night, my second hat trick, and more importantly, we had pretty much secured the win.

I happened to look at the camera and just shrug, not knowing what to do in the moment.

The team was beyond happy, knowing this made up for us losing the last game.

"Get your ass to media, and then meet us back in the locker as soon as possible." Vince said, I just smiled and nodded before walking off.

Making my way into the media room, hoping that the questions would be much better than they have been.

But I walked in and the room filled with cheers, causing me to smile again as I sat down. "Alright, alright." I rolled my eyes and laughed.

The questions were so much better than I wanted them to be, and it really seemed like they had forgotten all about Vince and I.

"How do you want to celebrate this?"

"I have a couple ideas," I laughed, "but we have a game in a couple days and I think I should be focused on that, so I might hold the celebration." I nodded, moving on to the next question.

"Can you tell us why you got pulled from the second period? Do you think you could've scored again if you weren't?"

"Definitely not, I got really dizzy for some reason while I was out there, so Coach decided to pull me. It was only for seven minutes, and we had the lead so there was nothing to worry about." Shaking my head, I looked at the next girl.

"Any words for Vancouver going into this next game?"

"Good luck," I shrugged and laughed, "you're gonna need it."

"Alright, that's all." The guy in the back called out, so I said my goodbyes and walked out.

Vince met me by the door, holding a water and my phone, "how'd it go?"

"Really good, my plan worked." I smiled. "My plan." Vince laughed. "Whatever, same thing."

"You wanna grab drinks?" He looked over at me.

"I was thinking we could go back to our place.." shrugging, I looked up at him.

"And?" "And hang out, let's watch a movie or something, I'm fucking tired." I laughed.

"Sure, yea that's fine." He nodded.

"Unless," I smiled and put my phone away, "you had another idea?"

— — —

3-11-24

Last regular season game
is coming up 🤭

Hope you enjoyed <3