1.1 | Seeing Isn't Believing

──────────❝ 🃏 ❞──────────

What is magic?

Is it something you simply believe in with the hopes of seeing one day or is it something that lives within our day to day lives?

Think about it, really think about it for a moment.

Magic does exist around us everyday and while most sights of magic is explained with the technical support of Science; it could still be classified as magic.

Magic doesn't need to carry logic or control, magic is everywhere and nowhere.

Their is magic in a smile, magic in a tear and most of all, their is magic in passion; you just need to allow yourself the opportunity to see it with your own eyes.

So stop for a moment, push away the thoughts of logic and see the magic.

Because seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing.

──────────❝ 🃏 ❞──────────

Walking down the streets of Brooklyn, New York City is a young woman with a bright smile though she never directly looked at anyone in particular, those who passed by and caught a glimpse of it would smile too. This woman of light brown skin, dark silky black hair that fell down her back freely and bright chocolate brown eyes that seemed to pull you in and wonder just who this person might be. And this approachable presence is what made her passion easier to show to the world as she stops by the side of the street and steps up onto an empty bench. "Who wants to see a magic trick?" The young woman calls to the busy New York crowd catching the attention of parents and children.

"Hello, I am Imogen Torres. A local yet overly friendly resident of the area," Imogen introduced as she held her arms out to keep the attention precisely on her. People marvelled at the woman as cards slipped into her hand from seemingly nowhere, she proceeded to do a few different tricks with her cards before deciding she had gained enough attention to her. "I shall need a volunteer for this trick," Imogen informed the crowd as she hummed thinking very carefully about who she would choose, her eyes landing on a sweet girl with her arm slightly raised yet lower than the rest.

"You!" Imogen pointed as she slowly approached, kneeling down to the young girl with a soft smile. "Okay, I want you to pick any card from the deck but you can't show me, okay?" Imogen informed her, the girl nodded with an eager smile before watching as Imogen did one more shuffle of her cards before holding them out face down for the girl to pluck a card. The young girl thought for a moment, she tried to keep a straight face as Imogen watched with a grin enjoying the wonder in her young eyes. The little girl pulled a card from the left free and placed it against her chest, Imogen winked as she stepped back and shuffled her cards.