The sky is a soft shade of pink as the sun begins to rise in the horizon, casting a soft golden glow over the sleepy neighborhood, as it slowly comes to life

Birds chirped merrily, their melodious songs filling the air, the gentle rustling of leaves in the trees and the distant hum of cars passing by create a symphony of nature's harmony.

As the first rays of sunlight gently peek through the curtains, illuminating the room, Ellery stirs in her cozy bed. Slowly, she opens her eyes, feeling the warmth of a new day enveloping her.

Stretching her arms above her head, she yawned and blinked away the remnants of sleep.

"Good morning California!." Ellery yawned yet again, lifting herself from her comfortable companion.

It was Saturday, her favorite day of the week. Ellery knew she had the whole day to herself, and she planned to start it off with a delicious and healthy breakfast.

She pads her way to the bathroom, the cool tiles tickling her bare feet. She needed to brush her teeth, and fast, as her stomach rumbled.

Ellery gazes at herself in the bathroom mirror, her reflection revealing a sleepy smile. She turns on the faucet and splashes her face with cool water, feeling its refreshing touch awaken her senses.

Next, she reaches for her toothbrush, squeezing a pea-sized amount of minty toothpaste onto its bristles and  begins brushing her teeth with gentle, circular motions.

The sound of running water accompanies her as she rinses her mouth,and spits into the sink, feeling refreshed.

Returning to her room, Ellery glances at her phone on the nightstand and decides to grab it before heading downstairs. She slips her phone into the pocket of her pajama pants and slips her feet into her fluffy, pink slippers.

With yet another yawn, she makes her way down the stairs, the soft fabric of her pajamas swishing with each step.

The house was quiet. Ellery opened the door to Mona's room, peeking inside to see heels and clothes scattered on the floor, with her bedsheet crumpled and windows open.

"I wonder where she went." Ellery mumbled, closing the door with a soft click.

In the kitchen, Ellery fills the kettle with water and sets it on the stove, eagerly awaiting the bubbling sound that signals it's ready.

Ellery opens the fridge and takes out a carton of eggs, a handful of fresh vegetables, and a block of cheese. She expertly cracks the eggs, separating the eggshell, and allowing the golden yolk to fall into a bowl. She whisks them until they become a smooth, golden mixture.