The streets are bustling with activity as people hurry to catch their trains or buses home

The streets are bustling with activity as people hurry to catch their trains or buses home. Taxis and cars honk their horns impatiently as they navigate through the crowded streets, while pedestrians weave their way through the throngs of people.

The air is filled with the sounds of the city - the hum of traffic, the chatter of people, and the occasional siren of an emergency vehicle. The streetlights cast a warm, yellow glow over the scene, creating a sense of comfort and security in the midst of the bustling chaos.

However, Cassian sat in his dimly lit office, filled with the soft hum of fluorescent lights. The clock on the wall read 7pm, indicating that most of the employees had already left for the day.

Dressed in a crumpled white shirt and loosened tie, Cassian sat hunched over his cluttered desk, surrounded by stacks of papers and empty coffee cups.

His blue eyes were fixed on the computer screen in front of him. He had been working tirelessly for hours, trying to finish the last of the paperwork that had been piling up on his desk. His brow was furrowed in concentration, and his fingers flew across the keyboard as he typed furiously.

The sound of his keyboard clacking echoed through the empty office, punctuated only by the occasional beep of his computer.

He was determined to finish the paperwork tonight, no matter how long it took. As he worked, Cassian's surroundings slowly faded into the background.

The only thing that mattered was the computer screen in front of him, and the endless stream of documents that needed to be reviewed and signed. He was in the zone, completely absorbed in his work.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Cassian let out a deep sigh of relief. He had finished the last of the paperwork, and his computer screen was now blank. He leaned back in his chair and let out a long, slow breath.

As Cassian's weary gaze shifted from his computer screen to his phone, he noticed a notification illuminating the screen. With a glimmer of hope, he unlocked his phone and was greeted by his girlfriend's smiling face, adorning his wallpaper. A sense of warmth washed over him, momentarily erasing the fatigue that had consumed him.

It was also a text message from her.

Are you okay my love? I haven't heard from you today. 🥺❤️
~ Ellery🔐❤️

Cassian smiled, and in that moment, a decision was made. He knew he couldn't spend another minute in the confines of his office. With a newfound energy, he hastily gathered his belongings, stuffing them into his briefcase, shut down his computer, grabbed his coat and headed towards the door.

Cassian closed the door and headed towards the elevator. As he descended to the ground floor, he couldn't help but feel excited.