They paused a moment to breath and get ready, they took off just as the train aproached.

Jones, Bucky and Steve successfully landed on the roof of the train, while Jones left them to get Zola at the cabin, both walked towards the end of the train, then they would go advancing slowly towards the front.

And the plan began as it should have.

Bucky soon met Steve at the end of the car, Steve went ahead first, leading him into the next car that was already open.

And menacingly quiet. Something was very wrong. It had to be.

Steve turned back at Bucky, both sharing a suspicious look. But he kept going, slowly entering the car with Bucky closely behind him.

Suddenly a loud bang startled them both.

The doors closed separating them. He saw Bucky turning around right before doing so himself, firing at Hydra soldiers that apeared, an ambush.

"Stop him! Fire again!" Zola said through the coms, desesperate to kill who was perhaps the only person that could put a permanent stop to his empire.

Swarms of HYDRA guards began pouring out of the pilot and into the middle cars of the train. Bucky and Steve engaged them in a tense firefight, trading shots from behind cover.

Steve managed to kill his one assailant; a soldier wielding Hydra cannons and used it to blast open the first of the doors, allowing him to manually open the second.

He trew Buck an M1911, he had run dry of ammunition. The two worked together taking turns to kill the remaining Hydra soldier.

"I had him on the ropes." Breathless and hurt, but there was always time for competiveness, even in middle of war. And his pridefull self couldn't admit he needed help- that one was for the punk of Steve

"I know you did." It was his way of saying; Yeah, sure. You weren't almost killed just now.

But just as they though they would be able to take a breath, another soldier bursted trough the door and shot in their direction, Steve barely got time to shout "Get down!" And cover Bucky

The zola spoke again to the soldier "Kill him. Now!"

Steve fell to the side, and so did Bucky, but he was the one to stand first, he grabbed the shield got ready, he aimed and shot twice, but the other soldier managed to take him down, the impact pushed him out of the train

Steve stood up and quickly graved the shield, trowing it at the soldier before running towards the now destroyed car.

"Bucky!" He went out, grabbing the railings and walking towards him, both trying to get closer.

"Hang on!" Bucky moved towards Steve as best as he could, Steve stuck out his hand, trying to get a hold of him.

"Grab my hand!" There was terror in his eyes as Steve reached out to him. He tried. He swore he tried. It was the first time Steve had seen Bucky so scared- maybe the first he had actually seen him scared. Bucky had always put on a brave face, he was always the one who protected Steve. Seeing him that scared, his eyes said something Steve didn't wanted to think about, it was unimaginable. It- it couldn't happen- no. No it was impossible. No.

Bucky was afraid, but he knew the moment the bars creaked, that there was were the line ended, he tried, he wanted to put on a smile, he knew this would be hard on Steve, his face, so hopeless yet in denial of what was about to happen. It did. A faint shocked "No!" Made it past Steve's lips. He tried to grab him just as he slipped away.