Kaguya Ubuyashiki - 7

Tanjiro rushed towards one of the Swamp Demons, rearing his head back. He let out a fierce growl and slammed his head towards the awaiting demon, but ultimately missed. Instead of his attack landing its mark, his head planted into the ground, making a small crater there. The demon retreated into the ground through its sludge. Tanjiro threw his head back up, shaking it out a little.

The demon poked its head up and laughed at him for missing his attack, it was trying to provoke Tanjiro into attacking again so it could drag him into its swamp and tear him apart, bit by bit. Then the demon and its other selves would keep him there until the sun rose. Tanjiro let out another growl and rushed at the demon, not realising its plans.

"Tanjiro!" Nezuko called, seeing through the demons' plans quite easily.

Tanjiro stopped upon hearing his little sister call his name, he turned his head back to look at her in case something was wrong. 

"Don't chase after it! It could be a trap! Get back here!" Nezuko exclaimed, beckoning him to come back over, "Come to me."

Tanjiro turned around and ran over to her. He skidded to a stop when a hole to the demon's sludge swamp appeared between them. He backed up for a second, thinking about what to do. Then he leaped over to the puddle and landed next to Nezuko, the Swamp Demon failing to grab him, its claws merely grazing his heel.

At that moment, Nezuko realised that Tanjiro wasn't defenseless. Since he's a demon, he's not weak and can protect himself. Nezuko wasn't sure if it was okay to let him handle this situation. She concluded that she could let Tanjiro protect Kazumi and that girl she had pulled out of the sludge so she could focus on killing the demons.

Nezuko stepped towards Tanjiro. Though, as soon as she did, the Swamp Demon's sludge appeared below her. She gasped and leaped back, creating a wide range of space between her and the other three. That wasn't good.

A copy of the demon appeared from the ground and swiped its razor-sharp claws at Nezuko. She lurched back, dodging the attack as the demon roared in anger about missing its rush. It sighed in anger and grit its teeth as it sank back down into its sludge-filled swamp that it oh so treasured.

Now Nezuko had a decision to make. She could stay on the surface and help Tanjiro protect Kazumi and the girl, or she could go down into the swamp. Going down in the swamp sounded like a better choice, she just had to get back up quickly so she wouldn't drown. Besides, she could trust Tanjiro now. He's not defenseless or weak, he's capable of protecting humans.

"Tanjiro!" She called out to her brother as the sludge shadow creeped towards her, "I'm going in the swamp! I want you to protect those two. You can do that, right?"

Tanjiro nodded. Then he strode over to Nezuko and pulled her into a quick hug, his own way of telling her to be safe. Tanjiro has had this habit since they were kids. If he didn't want to use words, he'd give her a quick hug to get his message across.

Nezuko smiled at her older brother and pulled away, nodding. She stepped into the shadowy sludge, sinking into the demon's domain. Once she sank in, she was in a dark, murky swamp, filled to the brim with green, dreary water. She held her breath as she sank deeper into the swamp by the second.

The two demons around her shot in the water quickly, they were as fast as bullets. They laughed at her, thinking that they had the advantage in their own domain. Which, they did, but Nezuko knew what she had to do.

She sank past a bunch of scraps of clothing, each type of cloth varying in material, colour, and size. Nezuko suddenly realised that these scraps of clothing likely belonged to the innocent victims these demons devoured. There were almost over thirty different types of clothing that she spotted, maybe more. Nezuko was enraged. This was unforgivable. Just unforgivable.