Dinner

As we sat at Dinner that night is bouillabaisse, as is the first night tradition.

Jeremiah was in a button down and shorts, as I wore a green sweatshirt and blue jean shorts with my brown converse.

(You can pick something else if you don't like it)

Everyone is dressed but Belly. She's still in her bathing suit, wrapped in a towel, hair tangled and clumpy from the saltwater, when she went to the beach.

I'm having a conversation with Jere
"how do you feel about your dad coming for the fourth?" He asked me putting a hand on my thigh. Making me blush but I soon come back to my senses as I realize what he said

"he's coming for the fourth?" I asked him with a confused face "yeah that's what belly told me"
he said shrugging.

our conversation was soon interrupted by my mom "Steven, I swear to God if you look at that phone one more time, I'm putting it in the screen basket" she said growing irritated with Steven playing video games at the dinner table.

"It's just that we love to see your beautiful faces. Can dinnertime be a screen-free zone? Like the olden days." Susannah said making Jeremiah grin and snatch Steven's phone out of his hand and throws it across the room He jumps up and does a little victory dance, as it lands in the basket.

"We get it, you have abs now." steven said with a groan.

making me laugh "You're just jealous Jere has a better body than you" belly said laughing Jeremiah snorts with laughter, and Conrad almost smiles. i look over and it looks as if Belly's delighted.

"It's all about the lean look now. Otherwise you can't wear tailored suits" steven said turning his gaze towards Conrad and saying "When are you leaving for training camp?" making it go awkwardly quiet in the room.

So jeremiah spoke up "He quit football" which wasn't new, news to me since conrad called me one night sounding sad as he told me he quit

"You quit??" steven said sounding speechless and shocked, Conrad doesn't answer.

"Are you serious, man? I'd kill to play college ball"
"He can always change his mind" susannah said trying to make the situation lighter.

But is only met with a grumpy conrad who replies
"I'm not changing my mind, I was just going to sit on the bench all season anyway." he says that last part lowly as Belly and Steven exchange yikes looks.

Jeremiah glares at his brother, but Susannah shakes her head at him, gently but firmly.

"Well, if you're not playing football anymore, what are you doing all summer?" My mom asks him.

"He can work at the club with me and Jere" to which conrad responds with a "No thanks" i turn to Jeremiah, surprised.

"You guys are working this summer?" "Yeah, I'm lifeguarding, and Steven's bussing tables"