003

" what? " rafe looks at me and pushes himself to sit up.

" I said get the hell out! Leave! " I stand up off my bed and go to open the door for him. " Jesus Christ Ainsley. Didn't know that was a sore spot for you " he trots down the stairs and to wyliams room. " it's not! " I slam my door and lay down on my bed.

My best friend and my boyfriend have been hooking up? No, I don't believe that. Kiara wouldn't do me like that. Maybe he meant to say kelce and he like... has some bromance with him or something?...

I roll onto my stomach and scream into my pillow. "bug? You alright in there? " I hear my dad creep up my stairs and creak open my door. " no, leave me alone. " my dad stands in the doorway and sighs. "alright but i guess I'll just have to get Jayson to come make hot and cold Nutella sandwiches with me. " I turn my head over to him and he's smiling. " I'll be down in like.. three minutes. " I'm starfished on my bed and he shuts my door and I assume he goes to the kitchen.

Me and my dad have this thing where we take pieces of regular white bread we take the crust off, and heat up a little thing of Nutella and make little rolls with it and then do the same thing just with Nutella from the fridge. He always made these with me whenever I was sad or upset. He did it with Sarah and wheezie and even kie too. He's such a girl dad I swear to god.

I bring myself down the stairs and he's putting the cup of Nutella in our loud microwave. Once we're all done I'm siting on the couch eating the snacks we just made and dad's sitting in his recliner, already chowed down on them all. He's always had a sweet tooth. " uh oh, the hot and colds are out. What's wrong this time Annie" my mom comes in and the rain has subsided for a little bit. She sets the casserole dish down in the sink and leans on the counter.

" boy troubles. " I say and she responds with a quick 'aye yi yi' and goes to her room. My dad following like a lost dog. Telling me to shut the lights off before bed. I take care of the house and feed beans. Who I assume to be in either my room or Jayson's. I go and decide to start watching a show on my laptop and put my mind off things for a bit. I'm drawing while watching my show and it's been a few hours and I've restarted to season one.

My brother comes into my room and sits down on my bed. Taking my throw blanket that fell on the floor and covering himself in it. " wyliam. what's up, What do you need " I continue to draw and I pause my show. "nothing, I just like your room, and rafe is being annoying so I sent him home. " I give him a quick mhm and continue with my drawing. "Midsummers is in two days. Who are you matching with? " it's a general tradition to match with someone at midsummers but it's not really a set in stone kinda thing. Social norms i guess.

" I don't know, wyliam. Probably beans at this point." My brother gives a quick chuckle and try's to cheer me up. " Sarah is matching with John b and wheezie's with Jayson. You don't wanna match with your lovely, kind older brother? " he elbows me and I laugh, yelling no! And giggling. We continue to watch my show with a few nitpicks about how cringe it is and I sass him about how he thinks it's cringe but he's been in here watching for two seasons.

After the third season he heads to bed and I'm left with my thoughts once again. I decide to go do some skincare and hair care before braiding my curls to tame them a bit before going to sleep. My whole head is going to thank me later.

<time skip to the day of midsummers>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sitting at John b's house in his hammock, it's noontime and the birds sing the graceful song of love. Too bad I ain't feelin it. John b walks off the porch and stretches, Taking a look around. I silently groan and roll over. " rough night? " I flip him off and reach down to my shoes and grab my phone. I was out here last night because we had a bonfire. John b, pope, wyliam and I were literally the only ones who came. Kiara and jj nowhere to be found until jj rolled in and crashed on his couch. I had wyliam tell mom and dad I was staying the night.