PART 5

CHAPTER 4

KATHARINE

💀💀

I scowled at the girl I saw in the mirror. The stupid me! I put on my lip gloss, pouted my lips and walked away. My story was crazy and I was running mad too. How come? Why was this all happening to me? Was I really dating a ghost? No ... It couldn't be. I walked proudly headed to the gate. My ride had arrived. I opened the backseat door and jumped in. "Hi ma'am," he driver greeted smiling at me. "Hello sir. Take me to the cemetery please."
"Yes ma'am." He drove off calmly. And a lady started singing on his Mp3 player. Her voice was soft and calm. She soothed my heart and gave my heart peace since I was visiting a sad place. Almost like 𝑊ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑛𝑒𝑦 𝐻𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑛. My mind boiled again, who was Christian? Was I imagining things last night? Was I crazy or something? I thought I need therapy.
"We're here ma'am." He brought me back to the now with his voice. I paid him and jumped out of the car. He drove away as soon as I shut the door closed. Slowly, I walked further in looking around. Finally, I got to mom and dad's graves. I smiled at them sadly, removing the old flowers from their vases before putting in the new roses I brought. I sang for them, like all the time I did every time I came for a visit.
“I wanna be in your life until the night is over,
I wanna hold you so tight, so tight, come in closer,
It's been a hell of a ride for every single moment,
You were there by my side,
Whenever I'm broken, you make me feel whole,
Whenever I'm lonely, you're there for my soul,
Wherever you are, girl, that's where I call my home,
Whenever you doubt it, I'll be lettin' you know,
Whoa, girl, I want to be dancin' with you forever,
You see through the storm and take me as I am
Baby, it's magic any time that we're together,
I make I just love you and hold you for my hand,
Hold you for my hand, my hand, my hand,
Hold you for my hand, hold you for my hand."
I chuckled sadly when tears burned their way to my eyes until I finally let them fall.
"Hi mom and daddy. I hope you okay. I miss you so much and I need you so badly. Things are messed up but at least ... There's something positive going on. I was promoted at work. "I grinned happily to myself. "Exiting right? Yes, I'm one of the big guys now in the game. I want to make both of you proud. But besides that... I have something else to share with you." The wind suddenly blew in a circle. I looked around, the leaves were flying. I smile to myself, they - were listening. "I found love. Love from a very nice and kind person. He's very humble, honest and sincere. I -" My voice trailed away. The weight I felt last night, it was back. The heaviness; like someone was staring at me.
"Hello!?" I shouted looking around but ... there was nobody.
"Hello?!" Still, nobody was there.
"As I was saying mom and dad that I'm finally in love. It's just so sad that you're not here to witness that." I wiped a falling tear. My heart broke, I really missed my parents. As I kneeled in between the graves, footsteps of the crushing leaves approached me accompanied by cold air; you see when you step on dry leaves and they make that 'crunch' sound. Yeah - that one, I felt the presence of someone. They stood behind me. Calmly, they touched my right shoulder soothingly. O-kay, was I supposed be scared? "I love him mom, so much. He's sweet, and protective of me too. It's just that ... it looks like he has too much problems. Funny thing is, I want to accept him as he is." The cold air blew my back, soothingly.
"Daddy, should I give him a chance? I want both of your blessings mom and dad."
Right then, I kneeled there, closed my eyes and enjoyed the peace. I listened carefully. Was my heart at ease or I felt a pinch of bitterness in it? I listened ... no, I was at ease and the presence of cold air was still there. I finally opened my eyes to myself who felt happy. Okay, my mom and dad were happy too, I guess.
"Thank you, my king and queen for accepting him. Goodbye, for now. I'll see you soon."
I uttered happily before I stumbled up from the floor and walked away. As soon as I left, the presence of cold are disappeared. I sighed before coming across a folded paper with a red rose on the floor. Who put this here because when I arrived here it was not there? I bent to pick it up and unfolded the paper. The first thing I noticed, was the same handwriting from yesterday - and the charcoal.