PART 3

CHAPTER 2

KATHARINE

💀💀

"Rise and shine, baby. Good morning." Isabella hugged me tightly, almost like crushing me. I was so glad I didn't crack. "Good morning, Bella." Releasing myself from her grip, I huffed in relaxation. "Worked well yesterday?" She nodded kindly, "It was not that bad. I just missed you. But-"she eyed me suspiciously"-you're glowing, Kate."
When my mind remembered that I was in a relationship with Christian, I blushed. Bella dropped her jaw while gaping at me, "look at you! Kate you're red!" My shyness came back to me in full force as she exclaimed. I packed away my bag and lunchbox in my, shelve; turned to the mirror and fixed my hair. "And Bella it's your day off. Why are you here?
"I'm getting a life. I couldn't stay at my place alone doing nothing. Gosh I don't want to have a sickness called depression." Well, she was always dramatic. And yeah, my hair looks okay now. "Stop ignoring me, Kate. Why are you blushing?"
Holy hell.
"Stop it, Bella. There is no  such thing. I'm alone...as usual. Who would have time to date me? The girl who's always busy." Her face fell as she stared at me defeated, "I'm sorry." She was right, I was dating but what was I going to tell her? That I was dating a witch, or a vamp?
Hell no. Even I - was still confused about who I was dating. "It's okay, friend. I know you want what's best for me."

💀💀

KATHARINE

As the day went by, we worked together as a team as always. Isabella and I took the floor as waitresses while the chefs took care of the kitchen. There was this customer of mine, who wore his expensive-looking jewellery. His shades were on, deep-dark you'd swear he was blind. He stared at the menu for a while, too long for me to take in. He seemed rich and rude. "Would you like a mango or orange juice, sir. Those are the only drinks we serve with the meal you're ordering." He took of his shades before he stared at me. His eyes were emerald; I didn't miss the lust in his eyes. "Sir," I waved my hand at him. The fog cleared in his head as his head as he cleared his throat, "oh, sorry. What did you say?" I sighed in annoyance. I wanted to tell him off, but there's that 'the customer is always right' law so I had to behave. "Your drink. Orange or mango?"
"Mango," he said harshly. I was not sure, if he thought carefully about his answer, but I wrote down his order. "Anything else, sir?"
The man winked at me, and said,"can I borrow you for two hours in a hotel? I'll pay for your services." What?
I gave him my best frown and said,"I'm a waitress, not a hooker." He mocked at me,"you're no better than the others, bitch." I didn't  understand what did I have that attracted men. They always provoked me, asking me to prostitute myself to them - scumbags! I smiled and walked away. Meeting Bella on the floor, I asked her to serve him.
Later, at four pm, one of our bosess arrived, miss Molly. She sat in her office;  carefully checking the books.  Usually, she arrived in the morning and left in the afternoon; what changed? It was none of my business anyway. Everyone was a bit nervous - since there was the boss in the building and nobody wanted to get cought being lazy or somesort.It was an easy day, everything done simply and accordingly as a team. On our knockoff time, the transport arrived, and I couldn't wait to see my new man. I was looking foward to his jokes, and tell him that I didn't get any blessings exept for that pervet who tried his luck on me. As we all carried our bags headed to the exit, miss Molly walked out of her office.
"Attention team."

💀💀

KATHARINE

"I missed you, "he grinned happily at me. "I missed you too, Christian." I cupped his chin, "my handsome Christ." I was being honest. I really missed him. And I wanted to tell him that he was right. I really did  get blessed tonight. "You look happy. What happened today?" He tilted his head to one side as we held hands.  I was getting used to his coldness. I sighed, not knowing how to start telling him. "Christian, your wishes have come true." His eyes narrowed; his left brow rising. "I got a promotion at work tonight.  I'm a manager, Christian." He smirked in satisfaction., "didn't I tell you?" I blushed, "you did, "and a laugh bobbed out of our lips. "Walk with me, "he said after our laughing fit. As we started walking, he kissed my hair, "congratulations my love. We should celebrate." I quickly nodded like a hypnotised fool, and he chuckled, “we will. Soon my love." I looked up at him, "really?"
"It's a promise made."
Looking around, shock enveloped me. I was taken aback by this unfamiliar place we were at, and how, and when did we get there. I spared a glance at Christian, who was calm and collected. He had to explain. "Christian-"I chocked on my thundering heart"-where are we and when did we get here?" I was suddenly scared and terrified. I was trembling. He held my hand and kissed it. But...the fear didn't leave my nerves. He pulled me to his embrace as we stood there, looking at what used to be a home.