"Yeah. He seems cool. If you can remember, Floyd and I watched one of his movies one time," Leah told her.

"Mhm. I remember," Lee said, she went to the fridge to find a drink. Leah started to read the article.

"Recently, Disney announced that they would be making a limited series version of the book series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, starting with the first book; and we now know who our new Percy Jackson is: Walker Scobell. Walker Scobell is a young actor, previously known for his role in The Adam Project (2022). According to our sources, he was cast for the role by Rick Riordan himself..." Leah paused. She looked up at her mom.

"He must be pretty good," Lee laughed.

"He must be amazing. The book author himself picked him," Leah said, sounding more shocked than anything. They finished reading the article together.

"I might have to watch this movie you're talking about. Was it good?" Lee said, referring to The Adam Project.

"I liked it. I think Floyd did too," Leah said, "I'm gonna go call Nayeli."

"Alright. I'll probably start on dinner in a few. I'll call you down when it's ready," Lee smiled.

"Okay! Thank you, Mom," Leah smiled and ran upstairs to her room.

Leah went straight up to her room and called Nayeli like she said she would. "Hey," she said when Nayeli finally answered the phone.

"Hi! Have you done your math homework yet?" Nayeli asked.

"No. You wanna help me?"

"I was gonna ask you for help, but I guess we can just help each other," Nayeli answered.
The two girls got out their things and began to start on their work.

A few minutes after they got started, Leah heard her mother calling her name from downstairs. "She made that dinner really quickly, didn't she? How long have we been on the phone, Eli?"

"Like fifteen minutes. It hasn't been long at all," Nayeli said, not looking up from her math work.

"I'm gonna go see what she wants. Don't hang up, I'll be right back." Nayeli nodded, and Leah left the room.

When she finally made it downstairs, she found her mother in the kitchen, but there was no dinner ready. "Yes, ma'am?" Leah said, looking around the kitchen. Since there wasn't anything there, Leah's first thought was that she was in trouble for something. Why else would her mom have called her?

"There you are!" Lee smiled. She looked ecstatic.

"Did I do something?" Leah asked, looking confused.

"Yes! Well, no. You aren't in trouble. I just got off the phone with Angela! They want you to go to California," Lee explained. Leah's jaw dropped.

"You're lying. They can't have made a decision that quick."

"They have! I promise I wouldn't lie to you about this, baby. You got through to the chemistry read," Lee told her.

"So, we're going to California?" Leah smiled. Lee nodded,

"I'm gonna try to get us a hotel near Floyd."

"I gotta go tell Nayeli," Leah walked over and hugged her mother, "Thank you, mom."

"What was it?" Nayeli asked when she heard Leah walk back into the room. Like Leah, she had assumed her friend was getting in trouble for something.

"You're not even gonna believe it," Leah responded.

"What?"

"They want me to go to California for the chemistry read," Leah told her.

"You're joking."

"I'm so serious."

"That's so amazing, Leah! We'll have to do another sleepover before you leave. I gotta make sure you remember everything from the first book at least," Nayeli said as she put away her finished homework.

"I remember everything," Leah said, sounding offended.

"What type of creature is Grover?"

"He is... one of them," Leah answered, making her friend laugh.

"You definitely need help," Nayeli told her.

"Maybe I can convince my mom to take you with us," Leah looked at her phone screen. Nayeli had sent her the answers for that night's homework.

"We'd have to convince my mom first. She never wants me to go anywhere."
———————————————————————
(1,357 words) If yall can't tell, this was basically just a big filler chapter 😭 I'm still making the final edits on chapter 6, but I'll have it posted tomorrow!