Chapter 2- 🪦Stay Strong, darling...

Sokka drove Toph to her grandmother's house, and sokka was making Funny jokes to make Toph smile. Most of them worked, but when she fell silent, Sokka looked behind and saw her sleeping in the corner. She looked peaceful. Sokka smiled and continued driving.

Sokka- Toph? We're here.

Toph was confused for a few seconds but then remembered what had happened. She got out of the car and walked to the door slowly, holding sokka's hand for support. He rang the doorbell and a kind looking, but sad lady answered the door

Grandma Satsuki- Toph, How I've missed you darling!

She gave Toph a sad smile and a hug

Grandma Satsuki- Y- Your grandfather. He left you this.. 

Satsuki handed Toph a note, and a beautiful locket which had a small message on the back. It read 'Stay Strong, darling.' (Title)

When she opened it, she was a photo of herself and her grandfather, laughing and smiling. Her eyes teared up, and she smiled, squeezing my hand. Toph put the locket on. And hugged her grandmother

Toph- Thank you. I love you Gran gran.

Grandma Satsuki- You should come in, child. It's cold outside,

Sokka- Coming.

Toph- Gran gran, this is my best friend. Sokka.

Grandma Satsuki- Nice to meet you- Oh! 

The doorbell rang again.

Grandma Satsuki- I'll get that.

Toph- No, it's okay. I'll get it.

Grandma Satsuki Smiled at Toph.

When she opened the door, Ursa, Kiyi, and Zuko were outside.

Ursa saw Toph's bloodshot eyes- Toph? Are you okay..

Kiyi gave Toph's shirt sleeve a tug, and Toph bent down to hear what she had to say. Kiyi  gave her a big bear hug. She could sense that something was wrong with Toph today.

Zuko- Toph? What happened?

Toph carrying Kiyi- M-My grandfather.. He, he passed..

Toph jerked her head. Not too hard, but hard enough to make her bangs fall out of place and cover her red eyes.

Ursa- oh Toph.. I'm so sorry. 

Toph put down Kiyi on the couch. 

Toph- Gran Gran? I'm gonna go to my room..

She got up and slowly walked to her bedroom, and collapsed onto the bed, shaking.

2 hours later.

Grandma Satsuki- Sokka? Could you go to Toph's room? Ursa and I have some private things to talk about.

Sokka- Sure.

He knocked on the door a few times, but no answer. He thought she must be asleep, and opened the door. He saw her, curled up in a corner, crying her eyes out.

  (Like the pic at the top.)

( If it ain't there, just message me 🖤👩‍💻)

Sokka kept his hand on Toph's shoulder, sitting down next to her, worried. He bent down to see her face. She was crying. Really hard. When she noticed Sokka, she quickly wiped her face.

Sokka- Hey, Toph.

Toph- What.

Sokka: Your grandma asked me to come be with you. She said you needed to talk to someone.