Epilogue

4 years later
Sitting in the fragrant garden outside the palace, Emily found herself in what might be considered an unconventional gathering. Across from her, Sigyn lounged gracefully, her gaze fondly fixed on the playful spectacle before them. Narfi and Vale, Loki's sons with Sigyn, were engaged in a lively game with Emily's daughter, Hella, their laughter a melody that harmonized with the soft afternoon breeze.

The addition of Hella's new puppy, Fenris, a gift from her father on her third birthday, only amplified the joyous chaos.

It was an odd thought, realizing Sigyn and she shared the title of Loki's wives, yet the emotion that dominated this realization wasn't jealousy or resentment. It was understanding.

Loki's relationship with Sigyn was devoid of the romantic and physical connection that Emily and Loki shared, something that both she and Sigyn had come to accept and respect. They were like an ex-couple who got along well.

This unique arrangement had brought them to a place of mutual respect and friendship, an outcome Emily wouldn't have predicted in her wildest dreams.

As Emily watched Fenris, the tiny bundle of energy, darting around being chased by the children, she couldn't help but marvel at the scene. Narfi and Vale were protective of Hella, their brotherly instincts kicking in even in play, while Hella, with her bright eyes and fearless spirit, seemed to be leading the charge, her laughter soaring above the rest.

"They adore her," Sigyn said, smiling warmly.

"They are great brothers to her," Emily replied. "I am happy she has them."

The sound of footsteps drew Emily's attention away from the children, and Loki appeared, his presence immediately bringing a smile to her face.

He greeted Sigyn with a warm kiss on the cheek, a gesture of genuine affection and respect, before making his way to Emily. Settling down behind her, his arms encircled her waist, hands resting gently on her growing belly, a constant reminder of the new life they were soon to welcome.

"I still can't believe you got Hella a puppy," Emily said, turning her head slightly to meet his gaze, a playful reprimand in her tone.

"Just look at her," he replied, nodding towards their daughter, his voice laced with undisguised affection. "Have you ever seen her so happy?"

Emily couldn't argue with that. The joy emanating from Hella was palpable, her happiness infectious. Turning back to face Loki, she was met with his kiss, soft yet filled with all the love and promises they had made to each other.

"I love you," he whispered against her lips, a simple declaration that held the weight of the world.

"And I love you," she responded, her heart swelling with a love so profound, it was almost overwhelming.

In that moment, surrounded by family and bathed in the warm glow of the afternoon sun, Emily couldn't imagine being anywhere else. This was where she belonged, where they belonged... together, building a life that was as unconventional as it was beautiful.