🎀Chapter 14: Broken🎀

The group returned to the stadium. Manny offered Abby some help with Lyn, but the large woman knew he wouldn't be of any use. Lyn seemed to be calming down with just Abby by her side, too many people would only overwhelm her. So, Manny went on his way (not before grabbing Lyn and Abby some lunch). "Make her eat something, alright?" he urged Abby.
The freckled woman thanked him with a smile, appreciating the small but thoughtful gesture.

With Lyn in her arms, Abby gently led her to her and Manny's shared room. After locking the door, she sat Lyn down on her bed. She had to do everything for the smaller girl. Lyn's eyes stared into an abyss of her past memories, her expression was dazed, like a dear in headlights.
She snapped out of it when Abby kissed her temple.

Her eyes blew even wider and her breathe hitched. She began hyperventilating as she questioned Where am I?
Her deep brown eyes scanned the room and her chest sunk upon the realisation that she was in Abby's room.
Her lover stroked her hair and cupped her face "Let's get you out of these clothes, hmm?"
Lyn nodded meekly before slowly standing up. Abby gently undressed her, folding her clothes and placing them neatly on the bedside table.
Lyn heard a squelch of water and furrowed her brows:
What is she-
Her bare skin was being wiped down by Abby, she smoothly swiped away at the dried blood to reveal the beautiful umber skin beneath. As she finished, she whispered with a smile "There, all clean".
She rummaged through her draws for a comfy shirt Lyn could sleep in, as well as some sweatpants. Lyn lifted her arms and Abby slid the soft fabric onto her skin. She did the same for her sweatpants and tucked her into bed. Abby considered jumping into bed with her at that moment but rejected the idea as she still had blood spatter running up her arms and neck. Her cheeks and chin were even spotted with a few scarlet drops. The sound of shuffling bedsheets caused Abby to turn to around, her blonde braid swinging back with her.
"What're you doing, my love? Go to sleep, get some rest". She found Lyn shifting in bed to stand up. Lyn shook her head and offered "I'll do it". Her voice was quiet and soft, she barely held a smile. She picked up a different rag and soaked it before draining the water out. She scrubbed away the dirt and blood from Abby's perfectly freckled skin. The contrast between Abby's pale skin and the distinct vibrancy of the bright blood distracted Lyn for a short while. She kept on scrubbing away the grime of the day, Abby met her gaze and the sympathy embedded within her features only made Lyn's tears reappear and her lips to hold a slight quiver. Her eyes stung for the umpteenth time as salty tears fell down her face and onto her lips. She didn't even bother wiping them away as she knew they'd only continue falling. Her hands never stopped cleaning Abby's skin, she reached her shoulders and failed to hold back a small cry of pain. Abby held her by her chin and tilted her face up so that their eyes met. Lyn averted her gaze and defeatedly whimpered "I'm sorry".

"Hey, you have nothing to be sorry for. Okay?"
Lyn only replied with a muffled whimper. Through gritted teeth she whispered "I'm so tired of this, Abby...so tired of myself" she paused a second before sniffling her nose and continuing "I can never forget it...forget them". Her voice broke midway through the sentence, causing Abby's heart to break for her. "I know, baby...I know".
And, she truly did know. 
Years of sleepless nights and the constant search to avenge her fathers death floated around in Abby's mind.
She hurt even more knowing that Lyn was as broken as she was. Abby didn't completely know what Lyn was referring to but decided not to push any further, she could already see the girl was on the brink of collapse.

Abby took the rag from Lyn's hands and discarded of it before carrying her back to the bed. She stripped and then dressed herself into something comfier, a hoodie and some sweatpants. Cuddling up to Lyn, she lulled her to sleep. Abby's large arms enveloped Lyn's frame in a warm embrace, one looped around her waist and the other sunk into her head of black curls to massage her scalp. Lyn felt so safe and cared for. Never had she ever, in her life, been treated with such gentleness by someone other than her parents. Her lids grew heavy and she drifted off to sleep with her hands on top of Abby's. The blonde's bright blue eyes never ceased watching the sleeping raven head, when a silent tear snuck through the border of Lyn's eyelashes whilst she slept, Abby couldn't help but cry too. She softly wiped at her lovers cheek before attempting to fall asleep.