Chapter V - Everything has changed. Part 2

South England, 1492

South England, 1492

Five hundred years ago Esther has placed Klaus under the hybrid curse. This curse suppressed Klaus' werewolf side and kept him from being able to access any of the powers that came from being a true hybrid. In order for him to be a hybrid again he needs a witch to perform the spell, he must destroy the moonstone, rip out the wolfs heart, pierce the vampire's heart and drink all the doppelganger's blood. Just like Esther did with Tatia, she drained her of blood to create that damn curse.

We spent years crating different legends and stories about the curse so that others might also want to find the doppelgänger but now that we finally found her, I feel different about this situation. Maybe Klaus should not become the hybryd?

The brothers invited Katerina to stay at our estate to keep her close. This morning I got up earlier than usual. I changed and went down to breakfast. We don't have to eat normal food, but Katerina doesn't know who we are. Elijah, Rebekah and Katerina were already sitting in the dining room. I sat down at the table and took a piece of the cake that was on the table.

"I'm really grateful that I you are allowing me stay here." said Katerina from her spot

"The pleasure is ours." Elijah responded and smiled at the girl. He began showing interest for the girl and I saw a spark in his eyes. I saw how he looked at Tatia and now I see how he looks at Katerina.

I looked at Rebekah and she rolled her eyes.

"And I thought he still wasn't over the last one." Rebekah said so quietly that only a vampire could hear her. I couldn't help but laugh a little. "So, Elijah. Maybe you know where our brother is?" Rebekah changed the subject

"He's at the tavern, dear sister. " He answered quickly as if he was avoiding the conversation

"Well he didn't come back home yesterday and he promised he would show Katerina around the gardens." continued the blonde

"I can do it for him. If you don't get offended." I looked at Elijah and then at the doppelgänger. I figured that I would want to know her better if I'm standing against Klaus for her

"Not at all my lady. " the girl replied

"You are gonna get in trouble." Rebekah said again so quietly that only we heard.

After breakfast, Katerina and I went to the gardens next to the estate, which was full of greenery and various types of flowers. There used to be a vervain plant here, but when we arrived here, Rebekah ordered it to be removed from the entire estate so that we wouldn't be exposed. When I was a human, verbena was my favorite flower. Now when I touch this beautiful flower, it burns my skin.

"Thank you for showing me around." the girl started

"You looked lonely inside, so I took pity on you." I joked

The girl smiled and I sat down at the bench.

"Klaus promised to spend the day with me, but he never returned home from the night." the smile disappeared from the brunette's face and she sat down on the brick bench next to me.

"He is a very charming man. Hard for anyone to resist, I suppose. And yet I don't know why he courts me. He seems to not care about me at all. Is it wrong to want more?" She asked

"Do you have more with Trevor? I mean I noticed how he has been fallowing you around?

"Trevor believes that he loves me, but true love is not real unless it's returned. Do you agree?"

I thought about my prince. Back then I thought we would spend eternity together but of course my way of living got in the way.

"I do not believe in love anymore, Katerina. Life is too cruel." I answered sharply

"That is too sad for me to accept, my lady." She grabbed my hand trying to comfort me. "You cannot be much younger than I am. What could so horrible happened to you? If we cease to believe in love, why would we want to live?"

Katerina is somewhat right. But if we lose someone we love very much because of an immortal hybryd, you may lose faith in love.

Our conversation got interrupted when the said immortal hybryd decided to show up. His shirt is covered in blood, he must have been feeding all night again. Has he gone mad? Does he want everyone to find out who we are?

"He's returned." I said and got up from my spot

"What has happened?" the terrified girl also got up and started looking at his shirt.

"The wrong villager picked a fight at the tavern. I am alright, love." He gave me a cocky smile and grabbed the girl by the waist and gently guided Katerina towards the castle.

Leaving me all alone...

_________

Another chapter with Katherine

Another chapter with Katherine. I have been very busy lately and didn't have time to write so here is a short chapter <3