II ━ even the darkest night will end.

           NIKO DIDN'T EXPECT that their date would continue on for hours, but it did. And, she liked it. The boy with pale skin, freckled cheeks, and fiery-red hair had surprised her, he was charming but not too charming to where Niko thought he was a serial killer socially masked to lure her to her death — it was just the right amount of charming where she swooned and melted like the last snow of the winter. Jerome was also full of hilarity, he cracked a joke every other minute where her stomach tightened to the point of hurting from laughter and her cheeks were sore from the full-blown smiles — pearly white teeth and all.

After the talk about their parents on their way to the park, Jerome mentioned his abuse, he was so quiet about his revelation and Niko blinked for a moment before taking ahold of his hand as they swayed side-by-side on the swing set. "I'm so sorry this is happening to you, Jerome." She apologizes and he shakes his head, "Ya don't need to apologize, dollface. Everything's ok now."

Niko tilts her head, confused at his words. How was his situation okay? His mother was beating him, and when she looks him over she notices the content look on his face as if he had never even spoken out about his abuse. Niko shakes her head, brushing it off as him just enjoying their date.

By the time they finished their date, it had turned night, the sky was a dreary black, barely any stars littered the sky but the moon was full, shining down on the two teens. Jerome and Niko continued to talk as they walked back to Haly's Circus, the freckled male still making her laugh to no end, even though their date was finished.

As they made their way to Jerome's trailer, the two teens find three figures at his trailer. A man with a goatee and top-hat knocks on his door, patiently waiting for Jerome who stands right behind them. He coughs into his fist, catching the three's attention.

Niko stands behind Jerome, peaking around him to see the other man ask, "GCPD, Do you live here, sir?" Jerome stuffs his hands into his coat pockets, nodding as he replies, "I do, why? What's happened?"