All My Life ch. 6

~~~~~~Avery~~~~~~

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and my body stiffened.

"Do I make you nervous?" Jeremiah said, words spilling from his lips like a silky venom. He got close to me, our faces almost touching. I looked down, avoiding his eyes. The smart side of me said ignore him, but the rebellious side, the more prominent side, said differently.

"Never" I said.

He grabbed Mark.

"Now?"

I was silent, he chuckled. Zayn looked at me, clearly nervous. Jeremiah set Mark back down.

"Isabelle, this wasn't the plan"

"I- I know but, I fell for him. His smile- I'm sorry"

"Sorry won't cut it" he said flatly. What he did next will scar me for the rest of my life. He grabbed Isabelle and ripped off her arm. Just tore it off, gone. And threw it on the ground. He grabbed a match from his pocket and set her arm on fire. She lay in agony on the ground.

"Better" he said. I grabbed Mark and took off into the forest.

I stood there staring in the direction they went. My body started shaking. I looked at Isabelle. She was holding where her arm used to be and standing next to me.

"I'm so sorry" she said.

I couldn't speak. Zayn grabbed me.

~~~~~~Zayn~~~~~~

I grabbed Avery gently around the waist.

"We can't chase him. If we do he will kill Mark"

She sucked in a breath.

"What do we do?"

"We wait"

"How long"

"Until tomorrow night"

"Why?"

"That's just how Jeremiah is. Trust me, we have been through this before"

She looked up at me, green eyes full of pain. I kissed her forehead and she closed her eyes.

"Lets go home"

She took my hand in hers and pulled in close to me as we walked back to the house.

********** I'm so incredibly sorry for how long this is taking. I'm trying to post more but I am INCREDIBLY busy. I'm sorry this is short and not very good, I will try to post soon but I can't make any promises. :( **********