All My Life ch. 6

~~~~~~Zayn~~~~~~

Avery walked out of the kitchen leading Isabelle as if they were old friends. I smiled but felt a but worried for Avery, Isabelle has one of those minds where, well, she can be unpredictable I guess. I let it pass. Isabelle looked tense and nervous. Avery spoke to her quietly and she seemed to calm down. They released hands and Avery walked over to Mark.

"Mark, this is Isablle" she said politely.

"Hi" he said, he seemed a bit taken with my sister. She chuckled, as did the others in the room. He took her hand and kissed it, bowing his head slightly.

"A gentleman" she said smiling. He looked up at her, a large grin on his face. Her eyes flashed to Avery, Avery nodded and gave her a thumbs up. I took Avery's hand and led her down to my bedroom calling behind us,

"we will be right back"

"Uh-huh" Harry said. Avery rolled her eyes at him.

"What is Isabelle's problem with Mark?" I asked, hoping she had told her.

"It's not a problem really, she just says there is... Something about him. I'm not sure what it is though"

I nodded.

"Do you know what it is?"

"I think he's her 'one'"

"Like chosen one thing?"

"Yeah..."

"But wasn't Josh-"

"It's complicated."

She looked me right in the eyes and said flatly "explain"

"Ok, so Josh chose her. I didn't actually know that until I read her thoughts. I thought it was the man who bit me. The man who bit me just did it to do it though, I was nothing to him. Anyway, when a vampire bites the chosen one, they bond. Like you and I"

I paused to make sure she was following, she nodded, and I continued.

"But when one of them dies they are... Assigned a chosen one sort of. I mean they don't choose them but when a vampire sees there chosen one, something inside them clicks and they know that that person is the one. Since Josh is dead, Isabelle has a new chosen one. And I think it's-"

"It's Mark"

"Maybe"

Then we heard a scream, "Isabelle NO!!!!!" We sprinted down the hall, but it was too late.

Avery stopped and stared.

There was blood everywhere.

Sage stood there, shaking.

Harry, and Louis and Niall and Liam all went after her.

"What happened?"

"She took him"

That's all Avery needed to hear. She ripped her shoes off her feet and took off out the door after them.

"Beth, Layla, Violet, stay here in case they come back."

They nodded and Sage and I took off after Avery.

~~~~~~Avery~~~~~~

I ran out the door and into the woods. I paused to catch their sent, then turned to run in the direction they had gone. I passed Harry, Niall, Louis and Liam. They slowed and looked at me curiously before following me. I was close, I could sense it, I could smell Mark. Zayn tried to invade my thoughts but I blocked him out. Then I heard them. Isabelle. I ran out into a clearing. Mark lay on the ground, Isabelle was sitting on the ground next to him.

"I'm so sorry" she said.

I looked at Mark, he wasn't moving.

"What did you do to him?"

"I bit him. Then I lost a bit of control, I almost killed him. But he's-"

"Your chosen one"

"Yeah"

I nodded.

"Will he wake up soon?"

"Yes"

"You turned him." An angry voice I didn't recognize said.

I turned to look at him, Jeremiah.