All My Life ch 6

Hey guys, so two things:

1. Should I get a fan twitter?

2. Do you guys want a preview of the next story (Harry and Sage)?

Please comment!

Chapter 6

~~~~~~ Avery ~~~~~~

I sat still as Sage applied a bit of make up to my face. I had already showered, Sage told me to use the 'fancy' soap that smelled really good. She worked carefully, applying blush to "add life to my face". She smiled at her own pun, I couldn't help but do the same. She added eye shadow, while she put it on she said

"This isn't eye shadow, it makes your eyes look brighter" I smiled.

"Ya know, I never really had any experiences like this when I was- alive." I said.

Sage snorted, "Me neither"

Just then, Zayn's voice got into my head. "Drop it. It's a hard topic for her. Just drop it"

I stopped immediately, not wanting to hurt Sage, ever. She's the only real friend I've ever had.

"What was life like for you?" Sage asked me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean your friends, your family..."

"Oh. Well my friends, I had a few. But I never really had a best friend. Just people I spent time with I guess."

"Boyfriends?"

"There was this one guy, David, my dad hated him. He was a bad boy. Tattoos, earring, all that. But he was, bad. He hit me once. I don't really wanna talk about him though"

"There was also Cameron" Zayn's voice said in my mind, but I immediately shut him out. That was a cut I did not want to re open.

She nodded, I could tell she understood.

"My family," I sighed. "My older sister Olivia, she is perfect. She always has been. A student, I was too but I wasn't as good to my parents I guess. They always compared me to her but we were so different. She had a perfect boyfriend, star on every sports team, perfect, never misbehaved, never got in trouble. Perfect. My brother Mark, he was my only friend. He and I were only a few months apart. He was an accident. He and I were misfits. Olivia was out being perfect and we were getting in trouble, staying out late, we were smart, we studied a lot. Mark was- is an amazing football (soccer) player. I mean, amazing. We used to play at the field at school together. I was good but never tried out, I preferred to stay under the radar. Mark is good enough for a scholarship I think. I miss him the most. My dad is a drunk. Always yelling at me, he hit Mark once, I called a help line, they didn't do anything about it. My mother is too quiet. She is terrified of my dad. And quite frankly I think I scared her too. She never behaved as if she didn't care about me but she never acted like she did care either. She was and probably still is just shuddering and cowering. That's it I guess, didn't really ever have life this good. A family, someone who really cares about me, a best friend."

Sage looked at me, her face looked like she could cry but I knew she couldn't. She just hugged me.

"I think this is all you need, your face is basically perfect." She said.

I smiled and looked down at the floor.

She grabbed a dress and shoes from my closet. She never stopped amazing me with her fashion sense and skill. She pretty much dressed me for most occasions. Except regular days, unless we were going into the public, then my outfits were 'approved' by her.

The dress today was definitely going to be on the top of my favorites list so far.

It was an off white, a lace flowery pattern in gold. Strapless, and only went down to my knee. It was tight at the top then loose and silky at the bottom. I didn't put on shoes, but if I needed them Sage made me try them on. They were a pair of sparkly gold heels, perfect for the dress.

"Spin" Sage said, "I almost forgot! Your hair!"

It was dry now, but not styled at all. She straightened it and skillfully twisted my bangs into a French braid that cascaded into a waterfall braid.

"Thank you" I said, "what about you?"

"Oh I got this"

The makeup floated to her face, followed by the curling iron. She threw on her dress and we were ready. Zayn met us in the hall.

"Is Isabelle coming?"

"Yes" her voice came from behind me. I turned to look at her.

"Perfect!" I said smiling, she smiled back.

"Are we going now?"

"Not yet"

"Why?"

"We are waiting for someo-" he started when the doorbell rang. Then, my nostrils flared, Isabelle's did too. Her eyes widened. Niall opened the door. I dropped the glass of water I was holding. I knew it hit the ground but I never heard it.

"Mark?" I said quietly.

He smiled.

"Stay strong" Zayn whispered for only me to hear.

Mark stood wearing a tuxedo, like the other boys.

We made eye contact and he rushed over to me.

"I can't believe it! I thought you were gone forever!" He said.

'I thought I'd never see him again' I thought.

I hugged him tightly. I smelled his blood, but he's my brother, I can't hurt him. He let go and looked awkwardly around the room. Everyone smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"I'm glad to see you have made some friends, and I like him" he said, gesturing to Zayn.

"Me too" I said. Zayn chuckled.

"Introduce us!" Liam said.

"Alright, Mark, this is Sage, Harry, Beth, Liam, Layla, Louis, Violet, Niall, and - where's Isabelle?"

"Kitchen" she called, her voice sounding a bit hoarse.

"I'll be right back" I said, walking briskly to the kitchen.

"Isabelle, are you alright?"

She gasped. "Yeah, it's just, it can't be."

"What?"

"He- I don't know. He looks so familiar. I'm not sure but, something about him..."

"Would you like to meet him?"

"Yes" she said quietly. I took her hand. "You can do this. It's alright"

She took a deep breath as we entered the living room.

********** I hope you like this part guys :) unedited as usual! Took me quite a while to finish this part! Please leave feedback, love you all!!!!**********