"Atharva, come sit!" Ayyagaru grinned when he saw his son.

"Nana, I would sit but I have a meeting to attend in some time. But listen, I needed your permission for something... Even yours mamayya." He said to both the fathers.

"Valli needs to finish her assignments. They're making up for her attendance this week. I thought it wouldn't be safe for her to sit in the internet cafe all day to finish them. Can I bring her here? Anyway Rama and I will be working all day as well. She can sit with us and finish up." He looked at them both, lying a little bit so that he could make it seem like his idea.

"Atharva... It's alright nana. I think she can manage..." Her father said hesitantly.

"Bharath, why should she manage when she can come here. I don't want Kumud to sit in an internet cafe all day." Ayyagaru said with finality in his tone.

"Mamayya, please say yes." Atharva asked.

"How can I say no? It's for her good afterall." Her father chuckled, nodding.

"I'll go pick her up." Atharva said and rushed out.

"Chinnayya seems so caring." One of the men said.

"He is. He always has been." Ayyagaru nodded and moved on to what was being discussed.

Atharva got onto his bike, slightly excited to go and pick up his Valli. And she would be sitting behind him on the bike for the first time. Valli was packing up her books into her bag when she heard the front door open. Her mother was home and she had to inform her. She had not spoken to her in a few days now nor did her mother try to speak to her. But she had to tell her.

"Amma..." Valli mumbled, walking out. Her mother seemed surprised that Valli had initiated a conversation with her.

"I... Uhm.... I'm going to Ayyagaru's house. I have to finish my assignments and Chinnayya said I can use his laptop and internet. Nana is also there. I'll come back with him." She told her.

"Go." She shrugged indifferently and turned back to do whatever she had been. It infuriated Valli.

"Amma! I'm getting engaged in 3 days. Do you even realise that? How could you be so cold and mean to me? It's going to be one of the biggest days of my life but just because someone said something to you from your terrible group of friends, you'll be so indifferent to me? I look up to you, I love you so much. I was excited and happy that I was going to wear your wedding saree for my engagement. But it seems like you literally just don't care. What have I done that made you so upset? Chinnayya shows you so much of respect that he talks about you being a part of his life when he misses his own mother. Do you realise how big that is supposed to be? Do you realise what an important place he gives you? Do you think that he doesn't know what you've said to us both? He knows everything, and is still trying to pacify you so that you don't think wrong about us. He doesn't need to do that. Once we get married and move to the city, he will have nothing to do with you and nana, but he's still trying to keep our relationship intact for my sake. And here you are... Three days before my engagement also you are not talking to me. It's fine. I also don't care anymore. If you don't want me, I won't force myself on you." Valli cried.

"Valli!" It wasn't her mother. It was Atharva who called out her name. Her mother seemed startled when she looked to the door to find him standing there.

"Chinnayya, come in. Please." Her mother said, inviting him into the house.

"No. Let's go." Valli muttered, wiping away her tears.

"Valli, wait for a minute ma." He said, caressing the back of her head. Her mother was flustered, knowing that he had seen them fight that way.

"Atthaya... I smell dosa." He smiled, taking off his shoes and going into the house. He dragged Valli back inside.