Chapter 7

*Luke's POV*

"And what if I want more?" she said, biting her bottom lip.
My vision clouded, and I tried to blink it away, but with no luck. I settled on closing my eyes for a brief second, only to open them to a completely different place. We were no longer in the small office but in what appeared to be an ice cream parlor.

Kendra was studying the many flavors of ice cream on display, biting her lower lip.

She looked up at me through her eyelashes, still biting her lip. "And what if I want more?" she asked hesitantly, going back to biting her bottom lip. It seemed to be a habit of hers when she was nervous.

The funny thing was she didn't know the effect it had on me. It drove me to the brink of insanity, then quickly back to sanity, only to do it again. I didn't understand why she was so hesitant, as if she didn't know I would give her the world if she asked.

I chuckled lightly. "Baby, you can have as many servings as you'd like," I said with a big grin on my face. She finally let go of her bottom lip, relief washing over her features.

This was only our third date, but I had quickly grown fond of her. I admired the kindness she showed, never expecting anything in return. I found her clumsiness and flustered nature, especially around me, endearing.

I enjoyed the effect I had on her.
Since the first day she bumped into me and spilled her iced coffee all over my suit, she had yet to leave my mind. Initially annoyed at the stranger I prepared to give her a scolding.

However I was taken aback when I looked up from my suit and saw her beautiful brown eyes staring back at me in shock. Her sweet and melodic voice captivated me as she fumbled out apologies. Despite being late for my interview, I offered to replace her iced coffee. My gesture surprised both of us, judging by the look on her face.

I used to lack patience and had a quick temper, until I met her. She brought out a side of me that I never knew existed - one filled with patience and tenderness.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.
A smile spread across my face "I was remembering the first time we met."

"Oh gosh, that was so embarrassing," she said, her cheeks turning red.

I wanted to tell her that meeting her was the best thing that ever happened to me, but our moment was interrupted by the server.

"What will you be having?" the server asked cheerfully.
"I'll have two scoops of chocolate cookie dough and one of Rocky Road, please," she said sweetly. The server nodded and began scooping her ice cream.

"Oooh, could I also get a vanilla shake?" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Sure thing, it'll just take me a few minutes to get it to you," the server replied. She nodded eagerly, a smile on her face.
"
Go ahead and find us a table baby,I'll finish up and pay," I said, planting a small kiss on the top of her head. She nodded and made her way to a table.

The server turned his attention to me and asked, "What will you be having?"

"I'll just have a chocolate shake," I replied as I pulled out my card.

"Can I get a name for the order?" the server asked as he rang me up.

"Mr. and Mrs. Parker," I replied with a smile.

The server quickly noted down the name and I made my way to our table.

As I sat down, she asked, "What did you get?"

"Just a chocolate shake," I said, reaching over to grab her hand. I had realized that touch was my love language when it came to her. I always wanted to show her affection through physical contact, something that was new to me but had quickly become familiar.

"You got me thinking about the first time we met. I can't believe you actually bent down and tied my shoes when we realized they were the culprits behind me tripping and bumping into you," she giggled.

"Always the gentleman," she added.

"Order up for Mr. and Mrs. Parker," the server called out. I retrieved our order and returned to the table.

"Isn't it against some sort of dating rule to talk about marriage on the third date?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm a man who knows what he wants," I replied with a smirk.

"Is that so?" she asked, amused.

As my vision began to blur, signaling the end of the flashback, I closed my eyes, knowing there was nothing I could do to stop it.

Opening my eyes, I found her staring at me with a knowing smile.

"I called you Baby ," I said, smiling at the memory.

"Yes, you did!" she nodded excitedly.

"It was so surreal. I was seeing everything through my eyes, feeling, hearing, and listening to my thoughts, but I had no power over my body," I said, still fixated on the flashback.

"Is it strange that I am aware flashbacks are not typically experienced in this manner?" I inquired, my mind racing with countless thoughts. How could I be so certain of this? Perhaps it was due to the numerous diplomas decorating the walls of my office.

"What do you mean?" she asked, taking a step closer.

"Flashbacks are like a vivid video playing in your mind. You may see images, recall scents, or hear sounds. But this was different. It felt as though I was reliving the moment. I could hear my own thoughts and feel every emotion," I explained, reminiscing about the intense desire to touch her, to feel the softness of her skin.

"Tell me about what you saw," she prompted, perching herself on the empty work desk in our current location.

"We were at an ice cream parlor, perhaps the one from your dreams. It was our third date, reminiscing about the day we first met. You accidentally spilled your iced coffee on my suit, and I, being the gentleman I am, I offered to buy you another coffee. I even went so far as to tie your shoes," I recounted, chuckling as she burst into laughter. I adored the way her laughter made her nose crinkle, the sound so infectious that it compelled you to join in.

"You didn't actually tie my shoes! Don't fabricate stories to impress me!" she teased, laughing and gazing playfully at me.

"I did, but not for the reasons you might assume. I didn't want to risk the possibility of you tripping and falling into the arms of another stranger. You perceived it as a chivalrous act, but in truth, my motives were selfish. I didn't want anyone else to get your attention," I confessed.

Her jaw dropped as she exclaimed, "You are truly something else."

AN: So Luke had his first flashback. Did you guys like it? Should we give him more?
XO ~KC