Chapter 4: An Introduction To Ahlam

The previous week had been spent trying to get Takuya to go to the doctor, and with no surprise, it was a difficult task. Even if his father advocated for the same thing, he wouldn't listen. No, perhaps, because he wasn't listening to (Y/n), he wouldn't have listened to anyone in the first place. That was usually the defining factor. Still, it became overly frustrating when she had heard he had gone and collapsed at work, being sent home to recuperate for a handful of days. At least, he was supposed to.

Though his father, the CEO, had all but banished him for the week to recover, the white-haired male had still run right back without any regard to his health. That left the younger girl to ponder what could be done about the situation. She couldn't just kidnap him away to the hospital and he wouldn't go on his own, even if she offered him some kind of reward in exchange. Tapping a pen to the table anxiously, the girl began to groan out loud, her irritation audible to a particular servant to the Miyahara family.

"Is there something I can help with, Ms. Shiratori?"

The girl narrowed her eyes, gazing over slowly to the young man bowing in front of her. He was gorgeous, she'd give him that, but what use was it to be beautiful on the outside if you were going to be a disloyal bastard inside? His dark black hair was common in Athain - a symbol of traditional values. The same went for his grayish-bluish eyes. He was of average height, of a slightly scrawnier build, etc., but perhaps the most eye drawing thing about him was what he wore.

Typically, she would see him walking around with designer clothes. She couldn't say whether he liked them or not, as the clothes themselves were gifted to him, but seeing him suddenly stop wearing such things invoked curiosity. Lifting an eyebrow, she scanned him for any sight of luxury. Despite being given the position of a butler, everyone knew what he really was. After all, he was only twenty now, but when he had first gotten the job, he was barely seventeen years old. There was only one way someone like him could get such a highly sought after job like that. She scoffed.

"Is...that a no?" he questioned, a concerned and guilt-ridden expression on his face.

He had gone and guessed that the younger girl had a grudge against him because Takuya had a grudge against him. And while he wasn't wrong, for her, it was irritating to hear such a kind tone from someone like Isao. It was like he had never faulted anyone ever or like he had never metaphorically stabbed the white-haired male in the back - when the younger male was only twelve, too. She had the urge to throw up at that fact, especially considering the age of the other individual she despised.

Huffing, she chose not to acknowledge the male, leaving him to continue bowing. Within the household, perhaps because the family did have a very strong noble bloodline, servants would bow until told to stop. If she wanted, she could make him hunch over for the entire day, and, to be entirely truthful, that sounded great to her. Then again, for some reason, the look he gave her made her feel guilty, something that made him hate him even more.

"Stand the fuck up," she growled, the male giving a gentle smile at her words.

"Thank you. Can I get you a glass of water or something?"

"From you?"

Isao's smile faltered slightly. He understood why. Still, it stung, the male lethargically grabbing at his slowly beating chest. His eyes darted away in guilt, knowing that she was only acting like that out of defense of Takuya. If things had been different, perhaps he would have been the one doing that for him. Yet, with things as they were, there was no way he would ever get to reclaim that privilege. His smile turned somber and he let out a sigh.

"I understand, but, if you need something, could you - "

She stopped listening after he said that. The girl wasn't sure what he was trying to do though she had an inkling of a hint - especially with his track record of climbing the social ladder. And though she probably was thought of as much the same - her status based off of the white-haired male's, after all - at the very least, she genuinely cared about Takuya. She didn't accept any large gifts, either, but that was about all the ravenette in front of her did. He must have had eight cars by now - all expensive and most of them sports cars.