Chapter 3: Up To Date

(Y/n) tied her hair up loosely as she leaned back in the beanbag, stretching her arms behind her head. She then placed the book in her hands down, flinching when a servant came to take it from her. The silent individual then backed away with a silent nod and put it back in its place. It wasn't long before they then returned to their statuesque position, remaining entirely still. This never failed to bewilder her, a sigh escaping her lips every time. This time, it must have attracted the maid's attention, and the woman finally spoke.

"Should I prepare for a walk, my lady?"

"And why would I want to do that? Just leave me alone. Believe it or not, I do like my privacy."

The woman remained quiet, bowing her head a bit. However, she never would have taken the girl's words more seriously than her actual master. That was something the (h/c) haired girl learned right off the bat. Either way, she would be the one laughing in the end. Not exactly helpless, she knew exactly how to get what she wanted. Standing up with a huff, she stormed out of the room, the woman trailing behind her. Even as she sped up to keep distance between them, the woman never fell short.

As they walked down the hallway, the younger girl took quite a while observing the delicate nature of the mansion. It must have been hundreds of years old, the history in the walls almost unsettling. Obviously, it had been spruced up to look nice and hold up under any situation, but there were still historical pieces everywhere. Vases from the sixteenth century, paintings made a thousand hundred years prior, etc. decorated every inch of the place. Sure, there were computers here and there and the lights were the newest variety, but those weren't the things that drew one's eye.

Among the many paintings and photographs showing previous family members, the white hair was a common trait. Blue eyes were less rare over red, but there was an entire rainbow of them there to see. What was surprising was the sight of blunt expressions on the family members. There wasn't one painting or picture of family unity until she arrived at the very last one on the corridor. It was almost sweet, but there were only two people.

A man with dark gray hair and rich brown eyes gave a bright smile. His features were soft as if he were melting at the thought of having a family photograph of his very own. He was dressed as formally as he always was, his hands placed delicately on his only child's shoulders. His son was just as beaming. He wasn't looking at the photographer as his father was but was gazing up in awe and with complete respect. The white-haired boy had such beautiful blue eyes as sparkling as the sea.

The sight of his innocent gaze made the (h/c) haired girl's cheeks flush. Though she could debate whether he still held that innocence or not, in the end, she was weak to him. He was precious, even with his interesting capabilities. His father and the workers in the mansion always referred to him as a little piece of sunshine. He had become much happier ever since she had come into his life. Maybe that was why they were so adamant about keeping her there, whether she liked it or not. It was only lucky for them that, currently, she did want to remain.

On her way to get rid of her shadow - the obnoxious woman trailing behind her - she noticed that a few other servants scurried down the hall. Many of them had looks of urgency, all flocking toward the front of the mansion. Why that was became very apparent once she heard the front door be opened, clearly to welcome back someone important. While she had believed it to be two people, she was not all that surprised when just the one returned.

Coming as no surprise to her, the male made a bee-line for her, quick to bury himself in her. He was particularly grabby, as he was most days, his hugs tight before they became slack out of his concern that he could hurt her. The thought was cute, but the truth was that she was far stronger than him, not that he knew quite the extent of her strength. It was apparent, however, that he was attracted to it.