"... ... ... Very well, Edward-sama. I will allow you to spend today's celebration with Nanako-san"

With a slightly unwilling tone, Lysette still conceded to Edward's request.

"Thank you very much Lysette-sama. I will make sure to make up with you later tonight after the celebrations and once all the guest take their leave"

"Hm?... But why after the celebrations, Edward-sama"

"Let's just say that... I want to have you all to myself today"

"... ... ... Wha!?"

Hearing Edward's surprise bold statement, Lysette couldn't help but blush from cheek to cheek as she was caught off-guard by his words, but at the same time, she also felt really happy hearing such a thing from Edward.

"... T-Then... I-I-I w-will w-wait f-for u-until t-t-then, E-Edward-sama"

"Thank you, Lysette-sama. Also, I forgot to say it earlier, but you look really lovely in that dress, and I cannot help but fall for you even more from your beauty today, Lysette-sama"

"... ... ... !?!?!?"

This time Lysette's face had turned completely red, to the point that even her ears had become red from her embarrassment and fluster, from Edward's smooth surprise attack. And without any preparation to steel herself, Lysette began showing many surprised expressions as her mind went into short-circuit from being praised so suddenly by Edward.

"... I-I-I-I w-w-w-will g-g-g-go t-t-t-take s-s-s-some f-f-f-f-fresh a-a-air, E-E-E-Edward-sama!"

Finally unable to contain her excitement, Lysette made a tactical retreat from the dancing hall, with her servants excelling in covering her retreat path.

"... I might've exaggerated a bit there..."

Edward who was now self-reflecting a little bit as he looked in the direction Lysette fled to, felt a weak tug on his left arm, causing him to look in that direction, and see Nanako timidly look at him with a shy but expecting gaze.

"... *Nods* You're also looking very lovely in that dress as well, Nanako. And I hope to make you fall even more for me as much as I fell for you today" *Pats Nanako's head*

"..."

Just like Lysette, Nanako began blushing from receiving such words from Edward. However different from Lysette, Nanako was able to endure her urge to run away as she had steeled herself somewhat to Edward's overly excessive praises. But as she still felt that, remaining at the table would only cause her to feel even more embarrassed, Nanako wanted to make some sort of retreat to avoid such escalation of her bashfulness.

"... E-E-Edward-sama, s-s-shall w-we g-g-go get s-s-s-some f-f-food?"

"*Nods* Of course, Nanako"

With a nod, Edward got up from his seat and then offered his left hand to Nanako to help her get up, which she timidly accepted. Holding each other's hand and with Nanako hiding as much as possible behind him, the two carefully made their way to the table containing the many snacks to feed the guests of the celebration. And even at the snacks table, the two continued to remain closely together, as a way to prevent the other nobles from attempting to get closer to Nanako, after all, she was Edward's fiancée, and making a move on someone's fiancée was a looked upon as a very nasty act.

However, there were always those who ignored such things and still attempted to get close to other people's partners.

"Hello, my fair lady, may I know your name?"

"!?" *Hides behind Edward*

A fairly handsome boy, around the same age as Edward, suddenly approached Nanako and asked her so, getting her by complete surprise, and as a consequence causing her to hide behind Edward just like how she had done towards the prince.