"Is that what we are saying it is now? An illness?" she muttered, taking another bite of the cake. Yes, how diminishing it felt to pass off her fragility of mind as an illness. Of course— how else could it be put? She was surprised that it wasn't being spread as a 'malady of woman', or some other pompous innocuous name for whatever was really wrong with her.

"What would you call it then?"

She made a noncommittal noise and continued eating. After finishing, she let out a sigh. "Thank you for the cakes, Cregan."

"I didn't bring them— they were at your chamber door when I came back."

She tilted her head. "They were just... there?"

"I didn't even know you liked honey walnut cakes, Shera."

She clenched her jaw, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. "I'll be at the yard at noon. I need to get ready, if you please." she said, the nicest way of putting it. Leave, brother. You're annoying.

Dressed in a lighter garment than usual, she descended the steps carefully. A light blue tulle train flowed behind her, rippling and waving in the breeze like the white capped crests upon the Blackwater. It was different from her normal style of muted, monotone colors— mayhaps it was a way to uplift herself.

It was a lovely blue and green hue, embroidered with filigree patterns. The sleeves were long, accompanied by a sweeping circular decolletage, exposing her soft collarbone and the faintest swell of breast. She had felt so confident leaving her chambers— she even went with a shorter veil than usual, the lace falling just past her jaw.

Walking down the hall, Moongeist nosed her hand to his head, as if to remind her of something. She felt... exposed. A bit too much for her liking. Her fingers glided over her wolf's soft fur... and she remembered, swiftly turning around to grab her fur stole from her room. "Thank you for reminding me, sweet boy," she hummed, snuggling into the comforting, familiar fur.

Descending down to the training yard, she fanned herself with an errant hand. Even with less layers than usual and lighter colors, she was still broiling under the sun. Moongeist panted near her, tongue lolled out in silent agreement.

"A parasol might do you well, my lady," a bored voice drawled. "Your pale complexion does you wonders, but I wonder if you still flay in the sun like as a child."

"Aegon," Shera recognized the lazy, tired voice of the eldest child of Alicent. He had been one of her companions back in the day, but also one of her greatest foes– before the incident of course. "I'm surprised to see you outside. I've heard you're solely a creature of the dark now."

"I am full of surprises, dear Shera," he caught up to her, looping their arms together all too readily. He had a dopey smile on his face, but it didn't match the pure exhaustion in his eyes. Dark bags fell under those violet orbs like a dreary storm. "I happen to be coming back from... such nightly activities."

Moongeist let out a growl as he touched her, but Shera silenced him. She didn't believe that she had any reason to fear Aegon and thought him almost as pathetic as she. "Very well."

"I heard about... the dinner. I'm glad I slipped out when I did, I knew it'd be a shit show," he was fiddling with his rings on his free arm, all while stringing her along to the training yard. "Curious how Aemond said you were a bashed up mess under that veil of yours, and yet– he is challenging your betrothed and your brother to a duel?"

"How do you know that?"

"I have my ways– eyes and ears everywhere."

"Helaena told you, didn't she?"