Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

A little boy was sick in bed. He spent most of his time playing video games, as he was doing now. The door opened to the boy's mother. 

"Hi, honey." She said to her son. "Hi, mom." He said back. She kissed his forehead and put her hand to his head. "Are you feeling any better?" She asked. "A little bit. " The boy responded. She pulled away from her son. "Guess what?" The mother said. "What?" The boy asked in curiosity.

"Your grandfather's here." She said as she walked up to open the curtains. "Mom, can't you tell him i'm sick?" He said, annoyed. "You're sick? That's why he's here." The boy's mother said as she sat down on her son's bed, facing him. "He"ll pinch my cheek, I hate that." His mother looked at him. "Maybe he won't?" 

The door slammed open to reveal the boy's grandfather. "Hey, how's the sickie?" He said as he walked up to the little boy and pinched his cheek. The boy looked at his mother in annoyance. "I think I'll leave you two pals alone." She said as she left the room. "I brought you a special present." The grandfather said as he gave him the gift. "Open it up."

He ripped off the wrapping paper in excitement, only to find a book. "A book..?" He said in disbelief. "That's right. When I was your age, television was called books, and this is a special book." The boy looked up at him. "It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and i used to read it to your father, and today, i'm gonna read it to you." He said.

"Has it got any sports in it?" The child asked. "Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles." The older man said. "Doesn't sound too bad, I'll try and stay awake." He said as he turned off the TV. "Oh, well, thank you very much. Very nice of you." The man took his hat off and opened the book. " Your vote of confidence is overwhelming." He put on his glasses. "All right."

"The Princess Bride." 

-------------------------------------------------- -

"Y/N was raised on a small farm in the country of Florin. Her favorite past times were riding her horse, and tormenting the farm boy that worked there. His name was Westley, but she never called him that. Isn't that a wonderful beginning?" 

"Yeah, it's really good." The grandson replied. "Nothing gave Y/N more pleasure than ordering Westley around." 

"Farm boy, polish my horse's saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning." Y/N said to the farm boy. " As you wish ." He replied. Y/N smiled and turned around, running off . 

" 'As you wish', was all he ever said to her." The grandfather said.

Westley was minding his own business, chopping up some wood outside. "Farm boy, fill these with water." She demanded. He looked at her. Her face softened ever so slightly. "Please?" She asked. " As you wish . " She looked nervous for some reason. It was as if she was falling in love. 

"That day, she was amazed to discover that when he was saying, 'As you wish', what he meant was, 'I love you.' " The grandfather said. 

Y/N was making some food when Westley entered with some wood. "And even more amazing, it was the day she realized that she truly loved him back." The grandfather said. 

"Farm boy!" Y/N shouted out. She stood there thinking for a second. "Fetch me that pitcher..." Westley slowly walked up to her and said, " As you wish ." While getting the pitcher. She smiled at him.

It cuts to Y/N and Westley kissing in the sunset. "Hold it! Hold it! What is this? Are you trying to trick me? Where's the sports? Is this a kissing book?" The boy said angrily. "Wait, just wait." "When does it get good?" He asked. "Keep your shirt on, let me read." The old man said. The kid sighed. "Westley had no money for marriage, so he packed his belongings and left the farm to seek his fortune across the sea." 

"It was a very emotional time for Y/N." He narrarated. "I don't believe this." The grandson said. 

"I fear i'll never see you again." Y/N said with a few tears running down her cheeks. "Of course you will." Westley said while hugging her. "But what if something happens to you?" She asked , crying even more. "Hear this now." He paused. "I will always come for you." Westley said in confidence. "But how can you be so sure?" She asked. "This is true love. You think this happens everyday?" He put his hand on her cheek and caressed it. They pulled each other in for a kiss. "I will forever love you my darling." 

"Westley didn't reach his destination. His ship was attacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts, who never left captives alive. When Y/N got the news that Westley was murdered-" "Murdered by pirates is good." The little boy interrupted . "...She locked herself in her room, and for days she neither slept, nor ate."

"I will never love again." 

---------------------------------------

Just a few things to clarify before the next chapter. Y/N will be female, I am sorry to those who aren't female, you can imagine yourself as your own gender. Gender will be the only thing that may be different. Everything else is up to you. 

I will try to add scenes of you and Westley that aren't originally in the movie, but please don't get mad at me if I don't. I most likely will.

Things you should know:

Y/N: your name (obviously)

H/C: hair color

S/C: skin color

F/C: favorite color

That's pretty much all. Hope you enjoy the book!